New full fenders

New full fenders

• Think they look nice

• Hour to put it on

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have Rad's full fenders on my Rover. They work really well at blocking water from spraying up at the bike or on me. I would give them an 8/10 for 2 reasons. Take away 1 point for cost. And a second point because when my front tire hits small ruts in the road at speed the fender shakes enough to touch the tire. I'm thinking of going to hookworms to help my stand over and as a side benefit will move the tire a bit further from the fenders.

Is there a rear fender for a 2.3" wide tire that doesn't wrap the tire forward past the seat stays?

Still looking for an option that will let me use a frame lock on a fendered wheel :)

Just spent $171 at big O for the fenders. $35 for shipping, and $14 for the suspension hardware.

Ouch.

@Lost Hopefully they are extraordinary quality and worth every penny. Coming from the motorcycle industry for the past 15 years, quality costs top dollar.

@Lost Big O is the company that used to be a supplier for our full coverage rover fenders. The full coverage fenders we offer now are now made in a separate manufacturing facility just outside of Seattle.

I'm going to need full fenders soon!

I'm curious tho - on the rover how come the rear fender doesn't have that lip on it? It's just pure straight cut off. I think it adds a bit of style having a slight lip on the back end. Curious to know why you didn't add that on there?

@BVC Great question! We were able to go without the little "mud flap" that is on the RadWagon and RadCity fenders since the RadRover full fenders main body are made of TPO, and can go lower to the ground without worrying as much about them being cracked by scraping up against stuff. The TPO plastic used on the rover fenders is TOUGH, so it can handle some flexing and scraping up on stuff, unlike the rover and city fenders which are made of a more standard poly-carbonate material with the rubberized mudflaps to accomplish the full coverage in the abuse zone near the ground (disclaimer that is a made up term haha).

I agree the bud flap does add some styling however.

Makes sense! At the end of the day, as long as it works - right??

The wifey an I are moving up to Portland area. Either outside of Portland (west side) or Astoria. Either way - lots of rain compared to sunny Sacramento, CA (and the annoying 110 degree summers). She's leaning more for the Rover than the Mini. And of course those are our two options as beach camping is our thing :) Fenders for the win!!

I tried your link....nothing?

Rad just must have got the full fenders in stock.
Had a banner ad come across my screen and I ordered them
$100 shipped

Thanks

Last edited:
Back