New e-Bike owner full time RVer

Dotman13

Region
USA
Hello and Happy New Year All. My wife and I are new Lectric e-Bike owners (Christmas gift to each other) and we are currently traveling the country as full time RVers. The e-bike has come in very handy so far with short trips (to the office or the garbage). Looking forward to learning more as we go along.

A big welcome to you Dotman and your Mrs. There is plenty of help from some friendly and knowledgable people. Good luck to both of you and don’t forget to ride safe.

Welcome to EBR!
Congratulations on your new Lectric EBikes... enjoy the ride. ;)

Lectric eBikes Lectric XP Step-Thru Review | ElectricBikeReview.com

Welcome to EBR!
Congratulations on your new Lectric EBikes... enjoy the ride. ;)

Lectric eBikes Lectric XP Step-Thru Review | ElectricBikeReview.com

My wife and I are also full time RVers and are waiting delivery of our LECTRIC Xps in about 2 weeks. We've been Full-time RVing for 5 years. We are 77 years old and have found that there are many places we visit that require a long hike to really see the hidden jewels. We also like to get as much exercise as possible. We thought the ebikes would solve both. I see a lot of people hauling their bikes on their tow car and the carrier manufacturers advise not to do this. I plan on hauling, over the road, on the back of my motorhome. Anybody have any ideas for me.

My wife and I are also full time RVers and are waiting delivery of our LECTRIC Xps in about 2 weeks. We've been Full-time RVing for 5 years. We are 77 years old and have found that there are many places we visit that require a long hike to really see the hidden jewels. We also like to get as much exercise as possible. We thought the ebikes would solve both. I see a lot of people hauling their bikes on their tow car and the carrier manufacturers advise not to do this. I plan on hauling, over the road, on the back of my motorhome. Anybody have any ideas for me.
Welcome to EBR and enjoy the ride! ;)
Are you looking for a hitch-mounted rack?

No I have just received one made for ebikes, I'll be putting it together tomorrow morning. I'll be able to move it back and forth between my car and motorhome.
Hi, I'm interested also in an ebike hitch for my Rv. Can you tell me what make and model you got? Thanks..

Hi, I'm interested also in an ebike hitch for my Rv. Can you tell me what make and model you got? Thanks..
This is the one I got and just put together and installed. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085ZPCZG...abc_5XXZG7K1S7A18DBS089F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
It is rated for 120 lbs and comes with a anti wobbel piece that you can use or not. The problem with this piece is that you have to bolt it on the hitch if you want to use this feature. That means you can't lock it on or move it to another vehicle easily. It seems very sturdy. If want to use it on a 11/2" car hitch you'll need a 2" adapter.

Hello and Happy New Year All. My wife and I are new Lectric e-Bike owners (Christmas gift to each other) and we are currently traveling the country as full time RVers. The e-bike has come in very handy so far with short trips (to the office or the garbage). Looking forward to learning more as we go along.
Also bought a pair of ebikes to take on the RV ... a tiny class B Winnebago. Now the RV is an ebike accessory rather than the bikes being an RV accessory. Welcome to EBR.

Also bought a pair of ebikes to take on the RV ... a tiny class B Winnebago. Now the RV is an ebike accessory rather than the bikes being an RV accessory. Welcome to EBR.
Yes, I'm hoping the bikes will give us more exercise than just a 30 minute walk every day. We have been Full-time RVing for 5 years and have found a lot of site seeing places that require more hiking than we are able to do at 77 years old. I think the bikes will give us more flexibility.

Yes, I'm hoping the bikes will give us more exercise than just a 30 minute walk every day. We have been Full-time RVing for 5 years and have found a lot of site seeing places that require more hiking than we are able to do at 77 years old. I think the bikes will give us more flexibility.
Indeed. Especially if you carry stuff for a long hike, the bike makes it much easier than a backpack, and then there is the hill flattening ability of ebikes vs boots. And the ebike grin.

Last edited:
Indeed. Especially if you carry stuff for a long hike, the bike makes it much easier than a backpack, and then there is the hill flattening ability of ebikes vs boots. And the ebike grin.
I plan on putting tape over the brand name of the bikes as soon as I get them to discourage theft. Even though I will have insurance I don't want to have to use it.

There are many threads on theft protection here, but the bottom line is that any bike can be stolden. Don't worry about the brand name, the XP looks like an ebike, and any ebike is a target. Except for one poster who put a sign on his bike that said ...
For Sale ... needs new motor ... and his phone number.
That worked for him. A politically incorrect right to bear arms sticker might work, but taping over the brand won't matter.

There are many threads on theft protection here, but the bottom line is that any bike can be stolden. Don't worry about the brand name, the XP looks like an ebike, and any ebike is a target. Except for one poster who put a sign on his bike that said ...
For Sale ... needs new motor ... and his phone number.
That worked for him. A politically incorrect right to bear arms sticker might work, but taping over the brand won't matter.
Good thought!

My tip would be when you get the bikes loaded the first time, take a few steps back and confirm that the car's turn and brake signals are easily visible.

Back