New Brose Motor and Dead BLOKS computer?

lewes5

I need help with an issue regarding a Specialized factory new Brose motor for my 2018 Turbo Vado 3.0 bike and BLOKS. This is a Class 3 ebike, i.e., 28 mph, with about 7-8k miles on the clock

A very short history. I purchased a new motor through my LBS when the old motor was making creaking and groaning noises from the left side crank area. Being a 2018 model, the bike is out of warranty.

After the LBS installed the new motor, he presented the bike to me as "fixed". Unfortunately, bike's performance totally deficient . There was very little power assist while pedaling, and all assist cut off at 16 mph!

The LBS confirmed the problem and tried to run a BLOKS diagnostic on the motor. Unfortunately, the factory diagnostic software would not recognize my BLOKS computer. Apparently, it appeared dead. (Note, BLOKS was operating perfectly before the new motor was installed.

The LBS recently informed me that when a new motor or display is installed on the bike, BLOKS must be updated with the new motor (and new battery). Apparently this was not done before returning the bike to me.

So, I am wondering if the LBS did not update the BLOKS with the new motor before letting me ride the bike for two days, is BLOKS now a brick? The LBS has been going back and forth with presumably the Specialized team and the BLOKS support team without yet finding a solution.

Thoughts?

I need help with an issue regarding a Specialized factory new Brose motor for my 2018 Turbo Vado 3.0 bike and BLOKS. This is a Class 3 ebike, i.e., 28 mph, with about 7-8k miles on the clock

A very short history. I purchased a new motor through my LBS when the old motor was making creaking and groaning noises from the left side crank area. Being a 2018 model, the bike is out of warranty.

After the LBS installed the new motor, he presented the bike to me as "fixed". Unfortunately, bike's performance totally deficient . There was very little power assist while pedaling, and all assist cut off at 16 mph!

The LBS confirmed the problem and tried to run a BLOKS diagnostic on the motor. Unfortunately, the factory diagnostic software would not recognize my BLOKS computer. Apparently, it appeared dead. (Note, BLOKS was operating perfectly before the new motor was installed.

The LBS recently informed me that when a new motor or display is installed on the bike, BLOKS must be updated with the new motor (and new battery). Apparently this was not done before returning the bike to me.

So, I am wondering if the LBS did not update the BLOKS with the new motor before letting me ride the bike for two days, is BLOKS now a brick? The LBS has been going back and forth with presumably the Specialized team and the BLOKS support team without yet finding a solution.

Thoughts?
Lewes: Order an upgrade to the TCD-w (wired) display. The BLOKS has always been a disgrace.
P.S. The motor replacement has stuck your Vado at the Euro speed limit.

Additional information: My Vado was built in 2017, sold as new in 2019. It had BLOKS display for 7 months, and that was a nightmare. Swapping BLOKS for TCD-w made a modern Vado from my e-bike, Mission Control compatible and all.

Back