New bike...shipped

deltagunner00

Hey all!

I am a new member here trying to learn as much as I can.

I have a decent background of road biking and then switched to a cyclocross/gravel bike. I actually sold the Specialized Diverge A1 Sport a little over a week ago and then ordered an M2S All Terrain 750.

I am a big hunter and feel like I will get a lot of use out of this where as I was no longer using my other bike near as much because my buddy got out of riding. I live on a gravel road and have several farms around me where I can take the M2S to check trail cams and maybe even ride it close to my hunting spots.

Anyway, just a new guy excited to get the bike Thursday.

Nice forum ?

Josh

Welcome aboard, Josh!
There are two popular threads here, to share pics of your bike, and where you ride, once you get it delivered and have a chance to snap a few…

Hey all!

I am a new member here trying to learn as much as I can.

I have a decent background of road biking and then switched to a cyclocross/gravel bike. I actually sold the Specialized Diverge A1 Sport a little over a week ago and then ordered an M2S All Terrain 750.

I am a big hunter and feel like I will get a lot of use out of this where as I was no longer using my other bike near as much because my buddy got out of riding. I live on a gravel road and have several farms around me where I can take the M2S to check trail cams and maybe even ride it close to my hunting spots.

Anyway, just a new guy excited to get the bike Thursday.

Nice forum ?

Josh
Gravel roads are very hard to find in my area. I live in the country and have lots of farms around. When I take off for ridding I always say going to see my girls ( cows). I just think they are fun to stop and talk to them.

I can't wait for you to get your new bike, and show pictures. Happy ridding!

Took it on it’s first ride today. It did awesome! I am going to get so much use out of this thing riding it in the woods.

Quick question, I am getting an odd rattling noise from towards the back while riding. It is nothing loose that Incan tell and it is not the fender bouncing off of the rear rack. Inchecked all the spokes. Anything else that I should check that you can thinknof?

Attachments

• 96B3DCA4-E571-4170-AB20-FFA62F2F542A.jpeg
    96B3DCA4-E571-4170-AB20-FFA62F2F542A.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 403
  • D5EE4275-F8E9-4CE5-A146-22E6A4FFAB56.jpeg
    D5EE4275-F8E9-4CE5-A146-22E6A4FFAB56.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 385
Took it on it’s first ride today. It did awesome! I am going to get so much use out of this thing riding it in the woods.

Quick question, I am getting an odd rattling noise from towards the back while riding. It is nothing loose that Incan tell and it is not the fender bouncing off of the rear rack. Inchecked all the spokes. Anything else that I should check that you can thinknof?
How about the kickstand? Some designs can rattle over every bump and be annoying as heck.

Love the color on that bike.

How about the kickstand? Some designs can rattle over every bump and be annoying as heck.

Love the color on that bike.

I will be sure to check that next time I am on it. It seems like that could be it just messing with it but we will see. Thank you!

That is a nice ride my friend. They are a lot quieter than ATVs and dirt bikes so your woodland friends won't be spooked near as much in and out of hunting season.

Enjoy

Gravel roads are very hard to find in my area. I live in the country and have lots of farms around. When I take off for ridding I always say going to see my girls ( cows). I just think they are fun to stop and talk to them.

I can't wait for you to get your new bike, and show pictures. Happy ridding!

SillyMillie-You stop and talk to cows?? A bit curious how they respond to you. Not a farm boy on any level. First I have ever heard of this. Perhaps I should not be taking this as a literal comment.

SillyMillie-You stop and talk to cows?? A bit curious how they respond to you. Not a farm boy on any level. First I have ever heard of this. Perhaps I should not be taking this as a literal comment.

I won't speak for Gunner, but I have some experience. When you work with livestock it is important that you get a kind of relationship with the animals. When they associate you with being fed or at least being in the same proximity in a non-threatening way, then the animals become easier to handle. When I was a kid, I knew several old farming couples that worked together with each other. The Farmer would take care of the dehorning, castration, shots, etc but his wife would feed them clover, give them water, etc. When it was time to get them into the barn or take them to market the farmer's wife would call them or get into the livestock trailer and all the cattle would go right in with her. Quite amazing really. Lot less injury and stress on the animals as well.

That's probably much nicer than 'cow tipping.'

(used to be a much talked about topic back in the 80's at a semi-popular Big Ten University in Indiana. You know rural area, college kids get bored, etc, etc. Disclaimer: purported activity of sneaking up on any unsuspecting or sleeping upright cow and pushing it over for 'entertainment.' The practice of cow tipping is generally considered an urban legend, and stories of such feats are viewed as tall tales.)

Funny, I lived about 30 miles from Purdue. I have some family still there. My Nephew is a campus cop. He says there is always someone getting tricked into trying. Kinda like hunting "snipe."

I won't speak for Gunner, but I have some experience. When you work with livestock it is important that you get a kind of relationship with the animals. When they associate you with being fed or at least being in the same proximity in a non-threatening way, then the animals become easier to handle. When I was a kid, I knew several old farming couples that worked together with each other. The Farmer would take care of the dehorning, castration, shots, etc but his wife would feed them clover, give them water, etc. When it was time to get them into the barn or take them to market the farmer's wife would call them or get into the livestock trailer and all the cattle would go right in with her. Quite amazing really. Lot less injury and stress on the animals as well.

Okay, makes perfect sense to me now. I have seen cow's reactions to certain types of intelligence testing and they seem pretty intuitive based on research. City/urban folks are so oblivious to this kind of thing. Thanks for sharing.

That's probably much nicer than 'cow tipping.'

(used to be a much talked about topic back in the 80's at a semi-popular Big Ten University in Indiana. You know rural area, college kids get bored, etc, etc. Disclaimer: purported activity of sneaking up on any unsuspecting or sleeping upright cow and pushing it over for 'entertainment.' The practice of cow tipping is generally considered an urban legend, and stories of such feats are viewed as tall tales.)

Okay the question is: Who would then bring the cow back into the upright position?? Perhaps a long strap and motorized farming equipment?
I use to hear about this sort of thing from University friends at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana, however, never verified if it was actually true.
Boy those kids, ya gotta love 'em...:D

They love music as well, really get tickled watching the youtube videos;

We had a small dairy herd when I was very young. The cows would already be standing at the barn at milking time. Always in the same order, and always going to the same stanchion. It was a tragedy when our barn burnt to the ground. My Dad and his brothers had built it, then lost it to a heating lamp being knocked down by a sow with new pigs. We lost livestock, hay, and grain. It took decades for my Dad to get over that. My Mom said he really never did.

Welcome to the forum deltagunner00. Sorry about the cow posting, but at my age I've gotten very nostalgic. Best of luck with your new Ebike!

Welcome to the forum deltagunner00. Sorry about the cow posting, but at my age I've gotten very nostalgic. Best of luck with your new Ebike!

Haha. Doesn't bother me any. We raise beef cattle. Just had 3 calves about 3 weeks ago. Went to the neighbors tonight and brought the bull over so the farms going to be a little more active tonight!;)

A lady down the road has been having a lot of trouble with beaver daming up her lake and taking down a lot of nice trees. I usually have to take my truck but was able to take my new bike which was really nice. I was able to shoot a couple for her and made a pretty neat video out of it. I am big into filming my hunts, it is a big passion on mine.

Attachments

• A560E417-2E6A-4F6B-A692-DC4262BA69A9.jpeg
    A560E417-2E6A-4F6B-A692-DC4262BA69A9.jpeg
    7.7 MB · Views: 336
  • 62CFFDCA-207B-4515-83F6-CA93B341E6D6.jpeg
    62CFFDCA-207B-4515-83F6-CA93B341E6D6.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 324
I stop by the cows and say hello gjrls, and have my music playing. They all stick their heads out the barn. The other cows are funny as they follow me down the fence line.

I have never done cow tipping, but have stepped in a cow pile.

I live in an area with lots of farms and tons of cows, along with some other farm critters. The best thing on the critters is they don't talk back :0)

Back