New Amego Infinite - High Step

Well....at 3,000 miles the bike is still working really well. Battery mileage has dropped off a little but not a major amount and the 40 to 45 degree weather may be part of the reason for that. I am still very happy with this purchase.

Thx tons for your posts, I'm considering this bike for a Spring purchase and this kind of info is moving it up the list.

My wife is seriously considering this bike. Looks great. She is only 100lbs, so she should attain some pretty good mileage out of the battery. Can anyone out there tell me what the wheel base is in inches. as I am going to purchase a Haibike and would like to know if I need a different rack to carry the two bikes. Do not want to buy any larger than I need. Also, any updates about the bike, as nothing has been posted for several months. I live on the central coast of California, about an hour north of Santa Barbara. Any updates would be appreciated.

I’ll measure the wheelbase later today. I will tell you that the bike is at 4,000 miles, or so, and I still have no issues. Rode it less in the Winter but will be amping it up shortly. I can see me replacing tires this year and I do replace pads now and then...like I would with any bike. The battery mileage is about 10 to 20 % less but this could be due to colder weather. Considering the mileage I expect a little drop off. All in all...still a great bike.

Well....at 3,000 miles the bike is still working really well. Battery mileage has dropped off a little but not a major amount and the 40 to 45 degree weather may be part of the reason for that. I am still very happy with this purchase.
Do you have to power up the battery then push the "M" to turn display on? On Court's video review of the Amego Infinite, he mentions that you only have to push the button on the display to power up the bike. I have to first turn on the battery... just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Do you have to power up the battery then push the "M" to turn display on? On Court's video review of the Amego Infinite, he mentions that you only have to push the button on the display to power up the bike. I have to first turn on the battery... just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Court is correct....at least on mine.

Great reporting ! I may have to consider carrying the Amego Infinite in lieu of the Metro +. I like the 27.5" tires better, and that they are thicker (as many consumers around here like more too), since the Metro+ only comes with 700c's that are narrow. Plus Magnum has raised prices recently, so this makes the Amego a nice little contender. The additional colors from Amego are refreshing, besides the usual 'you can order any color you want as long as its black - Henry Fordism' is getting a bit old from Magnum. I thought we left 1920's car building philosophy back in the 1950's for most consumer products.

Still waiting for the Infinite Step-thru in Rose Gold. My wife is wondering when they will arrive. Must be on a slow boat.

Hey Curious George,

Gotta say....thanks for your reporting on the Amego Infinite. I think it probably had a little influence on my decision to pick up an Infinite in June 2019. I'm only at 3000 kms, but everything seems good. It is a little noisier than many E--Bikes I've come across, but runs well and goes fast. I'm curious how many miles you have on your Amego now and if you are still happy with it.

Hey Curious George,

Gotta say....thanks for your reporting on the Amego Infinite. I think it probably had a little influence on my decision to pick up an Infinite in June 2019. I'm only at 3000 kms, but everything seems good. It is a little noisier than many E--Bikes I've come across, but runs well and goes fast. I'm curious how many miles you have on your Amego now and if you are still happy with it.

I am still happy with it. I have 7,600 miles on it ( over 12,000 kms...lol). I had to replace the gears (the ones for shifting)....the tires.... I actually gave the bike to a dear friend and picked up a bosch mid drive bike, the Raleigh Retroglide 2.0 Royale for almost 1,000 dollars more. The mid drive is a much different experience and I love the new bike.

That being said...the Infinite is a fantastic bike. My friend loves it too!

Last edited:
I am still happy with it. I have 7,600 miles on it ( over 12,000 kms...lol). I had to replace the gears (the ones for shifting)....the tires.... I actually gave the bike to a dear friend and picked up a bosch mid drive bike, the Raleigh Retroglide 2.0 Royale for almost 1,000 dollars more. The mid drive is a much different experience and I love the new bike.

That being said...the Infinite is a fantastic bike. My friend loves it too!
That is awesome, so many miles. My wife has the Infinite and loves it. Will give her the good news. Thank you.

This is one im looking at also and wondering how peoples exps are with the tires (flats) and the service from the company?

This is one im looking at also and wondering how peoples exps are with the tires (flats) and the service from the company?
I wouldn't really look for any support from the company unless you live close to Toronto. Any bike shop can handle repairs, outside of the electrical system. Apparently they will work with your LBS should you need warranty work. Luckily, I haven't had any warranty problems to find out how they are.
I have had two rear flats. The first time I put some slime in and it kept me going for another 800 kms until I ran over a construction staple. Just went to the LBS to get it fixed and haven't had any problems for the last 1000 kms. I did install a slime tube, so that may be helping.

Hey Curious,

im wondering how this bike does on hills. I’m a bigger guy...6’ and about 230#. I don’t want to find out that I’ve bought a bike that I need to walk up the hill nearby that I’ll be needing to go up regularly. How were your experiences on steeper hills?
Thanks!

I dont have extreme hills but we are not too different in size and I got up all the hills I needed to. Steeper, longer ones slowed me down a bit but no big deal getting over them.

Back