Need battery help.

Ubspider

My Sun Seeker needs an extra battery. What should I buy. The currently have 48 volt, 11.6 battery. I need to go 40 to 50 more miles. Can I purchase one with LG or Panasonic cells.

My Sun Seeker needs an extra battery. What should I buy. The currently have 48 volt, 11.6 battery. I need to go 40 to 50 more miles. Can I purchase one with LG or Panasonic cells.
Miles per battery charge is dependent on a number of factors terrain, riding style, and rider fitness among them. How many miles do you get with your current battery?

Who is a good battery manufacturer? I am planning to have 2 batteries on my trike. Is Hailong a good battery manufacturer.

So, assuming that you're using ~90% of your battery capacity on your 44 mile rides you'd be averaging ~11.4Wh/mile. To get to your 70 mile goal you'd need 70x11.4=~800Wh total battery capacity. Your current battery has 48x11.6=557Wh so you'd need an additional 800-557=243Wh battery. For a 48V battery this is the same as a 5Ah battery, about 1/2 the capacity you1 have now.

Google brings up electrictrike.com when I search for Sun Seeker. Is this the correct bike? If so, they offer additional battery packs starting at 48V 10ah. I'd suggest going with that.

Back