NCM Milano Plus or Ride 1 Up Cafe Cruiser

Prone2wander

That is my debate. I can get the Milano for $1`299 till Jan 2 or I can get the Cafe Cruiser for $1595. Why these two bikes? I want to tour and want a step through without experiencing too much frame flex. The two down tubes makes it stiffer than a single tube on most of the step through's I assume. I want a cadence sensor because of needing knee replacements. Trying to find all this without spending $899-$1000+ more seems impossible. Trust me I've looked. I was going to pull the trigger on the NCM because it is a great price but it seems the customer service sucks and the batteries fail. As you all know people speak up when they are pissed and much less when they are happy. I currently own an almost 3yr old Ride 1 Up 700 that I am happy with and it has over 5000 miles, their customer service is generally good, and they have a very active Facebook groups. So please share your experience with any NCM bike both good and bad as well as any other advice that would help me in my decision. I really like the Milano better but don't want to buy a paper weight. Thanks in advance.

I bought a Milano in spring 2021 from Leoncycle CA. It stopped working few weeks later. Leoncycle Ca was unable to get it back working again. After many e-mail without answer, I requested a refund. Still no answer. Then I asked to my credit card issuer (VISA) to make a reverse billing. Few time later Leon emailed me saying they would refund me and wanted the bike returned. They accepted to send me a prepaid shipping label and refunded me completely.

December 2021, they offered a very important rebate and, since I am somewhat sado-maso, I bought 2 with the idea that I could use one for spare parts if necessary. I believe it is a good bike for the price. So this summer I made 2300km and my wife 1300km whithout any problem. I am not sure that LeoncycleCa is still in busyness. They don't answer e-mails. It seems their website is not maintained anymore. So, in short the bike is good but there is no service at all. You will have to maintain your bike by yourself and forget about warranty I believe.

However, I had a problen with a charger this fall and e-mailed Leoncycle US. They answered quickly and accepted to send a new charger for free. Does this mean they would assure the warranty and service for bike bought from Leoncycle CA. If you are in Canada, may you should check that with them first

Thanks for the detailed response.
I live in the US. I emailed NCM on Monday with questions and have yet to hear back. I will probably make the purchase and cross my fingers. I too will file with credit card if I have issues.

Back