NBD XDURO Trekking 4.0 + Q's

ath3na

Here's my LandShark (Hai = shark in German). So excited I couldn't even frame it properly. ;>
34196292640_dae95cf7cd_o.jpg

It's an awesome, well-built little tank. The perfect urban assault vehicle for rainy Seattle were every other block is a construction site and tearing up the roads around me seems to be a local hobby.

Anyone else have one of these puppies? I'm wondering:
1. What panniers will fix that rack?
2. What about dropper posts? Anyone know what fits?
3. Anyone cut down these wide handlebars?

I've honestly only ridden it home from the bike shop so far as I've been glued to my computers with a massive deadline crunch. I did love "turbo" mode and felt confident enough to pull out in traffic for the few blocks home - and I never ride in traffic. I have not yet tried using walk mode to get it up the half flight of stairs out of my apt basement.

I'm hoping the E-ness will help me get out and get some more exercise as various things have caused me to become weak and gain waaaaay too much weight. I haven't ridden in eons. I only purchased this because my old German Votec mountain bike was stolen a few months ago. Insurance would pay to replace it with a new one - but they won't just hand you the cash. I actually had to buy the bike and within a certain time frame.

It's an awesome, well-built little tank. The perfect urban assault vehicle for rainy Seattle were every other block is a construction site and tearing up the roads around me seems to be a local hobby.
On wet roads the motor location is constantly exposed from the splash and dirt thrown up by the front wheel. Specialized Vado recently designed their front fender to extend all the way down to address the issue. I think you can improvise and mount a down ward extension ending with a mud flap on your front fender. Below is the picture of the Specialized Vado with trajectory of the splash from the front wheel (green lines). The side benefit to it is your feet will also be dry.
specialized.jpg

Last edited:
On wet roads the motor location is constantly exposed from the splash and dirt thrown up by the front wheel. Specialized Vado recently designed their front fender to extend all the way down to address the issue. I think you can improvise and mount a down ward extension ending with a mud flap on your front fender. Below is the picture of the Specialized Vado with trajectory of the splash from the front wheel (green lines). The side benefit to it is your feet will also be dry.

I like it! I'm probably going to avoid heavy rain for the first few weeks. Once summer gets going we're been surprisingly rain-free. But I'll definitely start scouting up some materials to cobble up something like that for mine.

If you have the same rack as the other Trekking Series, which is a Cannondale or Carrymore, you will need to order 20mm hooks (instead of 16mm ones) if you want to get Ortlieb panniers on there. Yours looks like the newer rack as it has horizontal bars welded, presumably to hook on a small bag. Those bars are too low for panniers though I think.

There are some threads you might want to go through:

- dropper posts:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/dropper-seatpost-on-sduro-trekking.13317/

- reference for an adaptor plate (assuming you have the same rack as the other Trekking series):

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/two-new-trekkings-need-advice-on-a-few-things.13372/

Thanks! I read those but assumed it'd just be my luck that the 2017 Trekking is different. I tend to be unlucky that way. It looks different from a many photos I've seen of other years and Trekking models.

So the big problem is that the horizontal rack bars are too beefy. They do look that way. I might check out one of those smaller "city" bags and see if it fits on the lower bar, and definitely order some 20mm hooks.

Great photo and that's one nice lookin ride! I have the same tires on my R&M Charger and they sure do inspire confidence on the road.

Thanks! I read a lot of good reviews on the Super Moto-X's for the general type of riding I'll be doing and was pleased to find them on this model. That R&M Charger is one sweet bike! I looked at R&M, but all the ones I liked were out of my price range. I couldn't go nuts on this bike as I really need to sink some serious bucks into building a new computer.

I've honestly only ridden it home from the bike shop
After you get some miles on it a ride report would be great if you have the time. Interested in hearing how the bike feels in terms of comfort and handling, reliability issues with any components? How the PAS sensors react to your pedaling cadence and torque, whether you feel you are getting sufficient amount of assist from the system, climbing ability. Thanks in advance.

After you get some miles on it a ride report would be great if you have the time. Interested in hearing how the bike feels in terms of comfort and handling, reliability issues with any components? How the PAS sensors react to your pedaling cadence and torque, whether you feel you are getting sufficient amount of assist from the system, climbing ability. Thanks in advance.

Sure. I hate to admit I've been so swamped with work I haven't been able to get out to ride. First ride impressions were that turbo mode was lovely. It felt like the bike went from 50+ lbs to 5 lbs and I went from Jabba the Hutt to Greg LeMond...LOL. The geek in me that was initially curious about PAS algorithms, etc. took a back seat to the childlike joy of riding a bike again. It was so refreshing after feeling how heavy the darned thing is at rest. It's not quite as bad as I expected though. There are loads of places to hold on to it and it has wheels. ;-> So it's not like wrangling a 50+ lb television. We sort of slid down the stairs to the basement together. I keep saying tomorrow I'm going to try walking it up the stairs, but I've just been too busy.

Thanks so much for doing this! They're fine quality to check them against mine.

Thanks for all your help with this. I was walking past my LBS today and somewhat impulsively bought one of the smaller Ortlieb commuter bags just to have some sort of bag on the darned thing. It does fit on the lower bar and is not long enough to hang too low. I'm going to take the bike with me next time and see if, by any slim chance, one of those Blackburn frame bags fits.

Here's my LandShark (Hai = shark in German). So excited I couldn't even frame it properly. ;>
34196292640_dae95cf7cd_o.jpg

Anyone else have one of these puppies? I'm wondering:
1. What panniers will fix that rack?
2. What about dropper posts? Anyone know what fits?
3. Anyone cut down these wide handlebars?

I've honestly only ridden it home from the bike shop so far as I've been glued to my computers with a massive deadline crunch. I did love "turbo" mode and felt confident enough to pull out in traffic for the few blocks home - and I never ride in traffic. I have not yet tried using walk mode to get it up the half flight of stairs out of my apt basement.

I'm hoping the E-ness will help me get out and get some more exercise as various things have caused me to become weak and gain waaaaay too much weight. I haven't ridden in eons. I only purchased this because my old German Votec mountain bike was stolen a few months ago. Insurance would pay to replace it with a new one - but they won't just hand you the cash. I actually had to buy the bike and within a certain time frame.

Congrats with the shark tank. I bought the same one three weeks ago. About the panniers. I bought a pair of Vaudé Aqua Backs. On the lower bar they fit fine. The upper bar is too big. I removed a plastic spacer from the fender connection (near the axle) to make the fit even better.

Sure. I hate to admit I've been so swamped with work I haven't been able to get out to ride...

Any chance to get out and put your new bike through the paces? I'm anxious to hear a ride report: how to you find the ride position - is it upright? more of a sporty forward position? I was also wondering how easy or difficult it might be to keep the bike over 20mph after the motor cuts out?

Back