My XP 2.0 arrived today and I’m hesitant to open the box because…

Anton4

Region
USA
it arrived like this:

810C8B52-4F04-4030-A764-2E26A278E389.jpeg

I’ve emailed Lectric. Awaiting a reply.

Smart move, not to open yet. Did you document the container damage on the shipping papers before signing that you received it?

Shipping papers? Signing? When FedEx delivered two here, I found the boxes in the driveway.... FedEx was long gone. Luckily no shipping damage on ours... However I think that Lectric will take care of you on this. Sorry that you have to deal with this problem instead of riding your new ebike.

Don't wait for email. Call them first thing Monday morning.

Both of our XPs were delivered on their side despite the warning on the box. Two months out we are still sorting through the problems with one of the bikes. Lectric has been very responsive. I can't imagine having to deal with this without real time conversation. Phone support is the Lectric advantage. Call them.

Smart move, not to open yet. Did you document the container damage on the shipping papers before signing that you received it?
We weren’t home when it was delivered. It was left on our front porch in this condition. We have another one arriving on Monday. Can’t wait to see how that one looks.

Hmm, I thought FedEx required a signature for these deliveries. I had to sign.

Don't open that box until you take a ton of pictures.

Just received an email back from Lectric. They advised me to unpack it and they will handle any situation that may arise. I guess I’ll be opening it up when I get home in a couple days. By then our second one will be there too!

I'm impressed they responded so quickly. Look for broken zip ties that would allow for destructive movement. Assuming the other bike arrives with packaging intact, I would suggest unpacking it first so you'll be able to spot any abnormalities in the damaged box. One of ours took a hard hit, snapping the the main zip tie that holds the fork in place. The fork, fender, brake disk and caliper had to be replaced.

Yes...I was surprised to get a reply on a Sunday. And thanks for the excellent suggestion to open the other (hopefully undamaged) bike first. I'll be doing that.

Last edited:
Ha! I'm away for a couple days and will be getting home tomorrow afternoon. I'll update you as soon as I have any details.

Well... I have both bikes assembled and I'm happy to report that everything looks OK. Can't wait to get out and take them on a good ride!

20220621_144903.jpg

Last edited:
Just received an email back from Lectric. They advised me to unpack it and they will handle any situation that may arise. I guess I’ll be opening it up when I get home in a couple days. By then our second one will be there too!
That’s baloney! Letric should have immediately ordered you a replacement shipped out to you ASAP, and immediately ordered the shipper to pick up the possibly damaged bike, “THEY DAMAGED”, and return it to Lectric for examination and determination. Damage if discovered, Lectric then files a claim with shipper. It is NOT your responsibility to unpack that mess and determine if anything is possibly damaged, unless of course you are an experienced ebike engineer/tech well versed on all the possible damaged things to look for.

Sorry, but you did NOT get appropriate customer service from Lectric, and I am really surprised. I expected them to be better than that. They passed an unfortunate situation back into your lap and are hoping for the best, unwilling to remove any burden from you their customer!

Not good!

That’s baloney! Letric should have immediately ordered you a replacement shipped out to you ASAP, and immediately ordered the shipper to pick up the possibly damaged bike, “THEY DAMAGED”, and return it to Lectric for examination and determination. Damage if discovered, Lectric then files a claim with shipper. It is NOT your responsibility to unpack that mess and determine if anything is possibly damaged, unless of course you are an experienced ebike engineer/tech well versed on all the possible damaged things to look for.

Sorry, but you did NOT get appropriate customer service from Lectric, and I am really surprised. I expected them to be better than that. They passed an unfortunate situation back into your lap and are hoping for the best, unwilling to remove any burden from you their customer!

Not good!
Temper, temper! S##tt happens. The company responded immediatly and agrees to take care of any issues. What more can one ask?
No sense to fly off the handle so quickly.

Temper, temper! S##tt happens. The company responded immediatly and agrees to take care of any issues. What more can one ask?
No sense to fly off the handle so quickly.
I told you exactly what a good company should have done, it’s really pretty simple to understand, and worst case scenario costs the company nothing as they file a claim with the shipper’s insurance, and a happy customer only experiences a slight delay while waiting for the “new” replacement, which is what they paid for in the first place, NEW, not a possibly banged up bike due to the shippers negligence.

What’s really unfortunate is that the buyer was not at home when the delivery was made and could have refused the delivery, which is what 99.9 percent of the people would have done. A grand for an item delivered with that find of damage, …..unacceptable, delivery refused!

Yes, stuff happens, the important thing is how the companies involved respond to it, with the ultimate customers consideration first and foremost,…… not the companies! Amazed that the shipper would even attempt to deliver something that looked like that, but they lucked out, no one was home to say “NO”

Enough said !

Last edited by a moderator:

Not good!
Naive is all I can say. It doesn't happen as you wish and dream.

READ the terms conditions and warranty! This is common in the factory direct world you agreed to buy in.

"We only replace items if they are severely defective or extremely damaged. If you believe you may be eligible for an exchange or replacement, please email support at [email protected]."

We will replace any parts deemed to have been damaged during shipping. Shipping damage must be reported to Lectric eBikes within 14 days of shipment arrival. This applies to all products including bikes and accessories.

You will NOT be refunded as compensation for your time or efforts replacing damaged parts.

Replacement parts will not be sent until photographic evidence has been provided to Lectric eBikes. Lectric eBikes may request additional documentation (such as video) to assist with accurately diagnosing the problem and processing the warranty claim.

Most warranty parts are fulfilled 1-10 business days after the request is put into our system by a customer service representative. Warranty parts are sent using USPS First Class, FedEx Express, or FedEx Ground depending on the size of the part. Warranty parts will not be expedited.

Items including the chain, tires, wheels, rims, tubes, battery handle, brake rotors, brake pads, cables and housings, grips, and spokes are considered wear items. These items wear down with normal use and are not covered under warranty. You are responsible for replacing and maintaining these wear items.

Any unauthorized alterations or repairs are not covered and may void this warranty.

For warranty services, please contact Lectric eBikes online support by email at [email protected]. Bikes or parts returned without proper documentation may result in delayed service or denied warranty coverage. Warranty return shipping costs along with duties and taxes are the responsibility of the claimant. All unauthorized returns will be refused.

Note that your insurance policies may not provide coverage for accidents involving Lectric eBikes. To determine if coverage is provided, you should contact your insurance company or agent. Damage as a result of an accident is not covered under this warranty, and Lectric eBikes is not responsible for repair or replacement of damaged bikes or parts.

Lectric eBikes reserves the right to change its warranty at any time and without notice.

Any action, lawsuit or other proceeding, under this warranty or otherwise related to the bike must be commenced within ninety (90) days after expiration of the one-year warranty period.

THIS WARRANTY GIVES THE ORIGINAL REGISTERED PURCHASER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

Customer Service

At Lectric eBikes, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer support. We promise to do our best to treat you with fairness, patience, and respect in every interaction. We kindly ask that you do the same with all members of our staff.

Lectric eBikes reserves the right to refuse service, or to sell our products, to any customer who becomes belligerent, rude, or disrespectful. This can include but may not be limited to: suspension of warranty, issuance of refund, and/or termination of accounts/orders.

Naive is all I can say. It doesn't happen as you wish and dream.

READ the terms conditions and warranty! This is common in the factory direct world you agreed to buy in.

"We only replace items if they are severely defective or extremely damaged. If you believe you may be eligible for an exchange or replacement, please email support at [email protected]."

We will replace any parts deemed to have been damaged during shipping. Shipping damage must be reported to Lectric eBikes within 14 days of shipment arrival. This applies to all products including bikes and accessories.

You will NOT be refunded as compensation for your time or efforts replacing damaged parts.

Replacement parts will not be sent until photographic evidence has been provided to Lectric eBikes. Lectric eBikes may request additional documentation (such as video) to assist with accurately diagnosing the problem and processing the warranty claim.

Most warranty parts are fulfilled 1-10 business days after the request is put into our system by a customer service representative. Warranty parts are sent using USPS First Class, FedEx Express, or FedEx Ground depending on the size of the part. Warranty parts will not be expedited.

Items including the chain, tires, wheels, rims, tubes, battery handle, brake rotors, brake pads, cables and housings, grips, and spokes are considered wear items. These items wear down with normal use and are not covered under warranty. You are responsible for replacing and maintaining these wear items.

Any unauthorized alterations or repairs are not covered and may void this warranty.

For warranty services, please contact Lectric eBikes online support by email at [email protected]. Bikes or parts returned without proper documentation may result in delayed service or denied warranty coverage. Warranty return shipping costs along with duties and taxes are the responsibility of the claimant. All unauthorized returns will be refused.

Note that your insurance policies may not provide coverage for accidents involving Lectric eBikes. To determine if coverage is provided, you should contact your insurance company or agent. Damage as a result of an accident is not covered under this warranty, and Lectric eBikes is not responsible for repair or replacement of damaged bikes or parts.

Lectric eBikes reserves the right to change its warranty at any time and without notice.

Any action, lawsuit or other proceeding, under this warranty or otherwise related to the bike must be commenced within ninety (90) days after expiration of the one-year warranty period.

THIS WARRANTY GIVES THE ORIGINAL REGISTERED PURCHASER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

Customer Service

At Lectric eBikes, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer support. We promise to do our best to treat you with fairness, patience, and respect in every interaction. We kindly ask that you do the same with all members of our staff.

Lectric eBikes reserves the right to refuse service, or to sell our products, to any customer who becomes belligerent, rude, or disrespectful. This can include but may not be limited to: suspension of warranty, issuance of refund, and/or termination of accounts/orders.
Correct. They are not in the habit of replacing entire bikes. Unless there is a major issue like frame damage, they will send a million parts if needed to fix a problem.

Before buying from them you have to weigh what's more important to you. If a good return/exchange policy is important, Amazon or Costco are where you want to buy. If you like the Lectric bikes and specifically want one of those, you'll have to deal with DIY repairs and no real exchange or return policy. Basically, unless the bike comes shattered in pieces, once you bought it, it's yours for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part. If there is a problem that's covered under warranty, they will send you the part and you must replace it. In rare cases they might tell you to take it to a shop and they will reimburse you a set fee for the shop's labor. If the shop charges more than Lectric will cover, you have to pay the difference.

Becoming quite obvious what their actual policies are as more and more customers complain about receiving sub standard products that they paid substantial amounts of money for, and are sent replacement parts, paint sticks, and tools to patch obvious QC issues. Very true, the old saying, “You Get What You Pay For”, and seems to be true here. Cheaper price,…. Yep, …….. but a no return, no refund policy,…….. All Sales Are Final! Yea, companies with genuine CS in mind, like Amazon and many others have really spoiled us consumers, …… we need to get better at reading the fine print before ordering. We bad!!!!!

Hold on. Shipping an entire bike back and then shipping a different bike back out? Seriously? A hundred bucks in extra shipping costs?

I have no doubt that Lectric would have replaced the whole bike if the frame had been bent or cracked. Most things, however, are just a matter of bolting on the replacement parts. That's good (and cost-effective) policy.

A few years back I was in the return line at Costco. A lady in front was returning FORTY pounds of butter (eight shrink-wrapped packages). The Costco employee took all that sealed butter and into a trash bin it went. Defect? The woman wanted unsalted butter but she had mistakenly bought salted.

All of us in the return line were disgusted. One can go to extremes on returns where common sense goes in the bin along with all that butter.

And I think Lectric has an excellent reputation for customer service. Tons of reviews mention this. There is a reason why they are selling many tens of thousands of bikes--happy customers.

As an aside we bought two of the XP 2.0st bikes about this time last year. On one bike the beefy metal guard covering the derailleur had been bent in about a half inch, interfering shifting function. Bent it back out in under a minute. Other than that, the bikes were in perfect shape, though the brake cables were dry and the brakes were far smoother and more sensitive after removing and oiling those cables.

You are totally ignoring who ultimately pays those costs, NOT LECTRIC. Lectric pays the shipper to provide a service, and they carry insurance to cover any of their neglect, if it is their fault, now if it left the factory banged up then the manufacturer is negligent and is not providing the product as contracted, and pays all correction costs associated with their correcting their errors. Was in manufacturing for 27 years and I know all about who is responsible for what and pays for what kind of mistakes, and it certainly is not the end use customer or retailer.

Back