My new Ride1Up 700 ST

dhdallas

I just got our new 700 Step Thru today and couldn't be more pleased. The shipping container & bicycle arrived in perfect condition. The bike was expertly and safely packaged which is more than I can say about my Sondors MadMods. Its box was beat up & torn, parts were missing & broken. The fork was poorly secured and banged around in the box. The factory never pressed in the missing top bearing/race. Front brake woefully misaligned & the hose kinked. No manual, no parts list, nada! I finally got it together but it was a giant PIA!

Not the Ride1Up! Everything was in mint condition and assembly was straight forward with no surprises. I am a big fan of thread-locker and was pleased to see that all the bolts had blue thread-locker already applied. I took my time and was riding within 2 hours with the battery fully charged. It shifts gears effortlessly and has more power than I personally would ever need. My sister-in-law has a Rad City Plus and the Ride1Up 700 blows it away on every level (no pun intended). More power, alloy fenders vs. plastic, more battery wattage, better components, beefier name brand tires, a longer travel suspension fork, adjustable stem, no spaghetti tangle of cables up front (like the Rad) and $200 less than the Rad!

Ride1Up has a real winner here and my wife and I are ecstatic. Get one, you won't regret it!

I was looking at the radcity, but decided on the 700xr for all the reasons you’ve mentioned. It’s a great bike and handles all the hills in my area.

Happy 700 owner here for over a year now. You can get even more power out of the 700 if you go into the advanced settings, but I don't recommend running at a sustained 999+ watts, especially with much load on the bike as in going up a hill with that much power. A full battery charge gets you a little more maximum power as well, but for longevity, it's preferred not to charge it to 100% as a rule, and to certainly not leave it sitting around with a full charge.

Back