My new bike: 2020 Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625

Hi, I thought I would update you on my enquiry re fitting a dropper post to my Kathmandu. On detailed inspection with a torch I could see a hollow white plastic tube located at the bottom of the seat tube !đź‘Ť
I then slackened the plastic guard at the bottom of the battery compartment ( 2 screws). the rubber guard which fits over the rear of the motor (push fit on rubber 'lugs', and the plastic guard which is located under the motor ((1 long bolt located on side away from chain ring). Great joy! there was the other end of the plastic tube which I had seen in the seat tube! :) A test with some flexible wire confirmed that this was a clear route from the seat tube to the front of the motor housing. Cube refer to this feature as "Stealth Ready Frame". This now left only the problem of routing from the bottom of the battery housing to the remote lever on handlebar. There are 4 cable guides (2 on each side of the battery compartment) the Derailleur cable and the rear brake hydraulic line enter at the top left ( opposite side to their levers) and run in the two guides on that side. However the 2 electric cables (motor controller and front light) enter at the top right but run BEHIND the battery holder leaving the cable guides empty! This just leaves the question of how to get a third cable to exit the battery compartment at the top of the frame through a fitting which is designed for 2 cables. The cable entry is a two part plastic part retained with a small phillips screw, if this screw is slackened the plastic part can be eased out of the frame ( do not drop screw inside frame), it is then possible to slide a third cable between the tow plastic parts and then replace and retighten.
I am pleased to report that my lovely Kathmandu now has a Oneup 120mm dropper (reduced to 100mm travel with supplied Oneup shims) topped off by a Brooks Flyer sprung saddle. Spring and summer can't come soon enough:):):):):):):)
Well executed and presented! Enjoy your new addition!

Out of pure curiosity; why do you need a dropper on a bike like this?

Well executed and presented! Enjoy your new addition!

Out of pure curiosity; why do you need a dropper on a bike like this?
Hi, it was not so much 'need' as 'would like' a dropper. As a not quite so sprightly 73 year old I find that lowering the saddle a little when on off road trails allows a quick 'dab' if necessary. It is also convenient at T junctions when waiting for traffic. I doubt it will ever be used in traditional Mountain bike mode :).

Hi, it was not so much 'need' as 'would like' a dropper. As a not quite so sprightly 73 year old I find that lowering the saddle a little when on off road trails allows a quick 'dab' if necessary. It is also convenient at T junctions when waiting for traffic. I doubt it will ever be used in traditional Mountain bike mode :).
Great idea, I agree! Lowering is probably something I never think about as I am tall and usually have difficulties finding bike sizes for me.

What frame size do you guys recommend. I own 5 bikes now, measuring my down hill bike the reach is 18” and my others are 17” reach.
I’m interested in the Hybrid Pro 625 or Hybrid Pro 625 EXC with a mid step (Trapeze)

Any info would be appreciate.

Last edited:
Inseam is also an important consideration. What are the size ranges that Cube offers? Is there a chart on the Cube site you could copy and paste into a post or provide a link to that. You would get better, more informed advice if you provided this info instead of asking others to go find it.

I recently bought a new bike but it was a XL but according to the manufacturer I should have had an L. I am two inches short the 6'3" minimum height for the XL, but there was just a 1.5" difference between the two sizes in reach. It had a full diamond frame so the standover height was the critical factor. You have to be able to stand over the top tube with at least 1.5-2 inches for the boys to remain comfortable.

Reach can be adjusted with seat rail changes and stem length. It came with at 100mm stem which I replaced with an 80mm one. I had to slide the saddle forward about an inch or so to find a comfortable ride position, where my arms and hands were where they should be. I still have about 5 inches of seatpost extending above the seat tube. I have been riding the bike for two weeks and find it superbly comfortable. That bike is more of an upright position bike but if you find yourself in too aero a position, you should look at not only a shorter stem but possibly an adjustable angle stem that allows you to sit more upright.

With the mid-step trapeze you have no stand-over issues so you should be okay with some easily accomplished adjustments and not too expensive purchases.

Thanks Alaskan. I’m also looking at the 2021 Cube Hybrid 120 Pro Allroad full suspension. I would imagine the same applies to the sizing. I’m kind of between sizes which is tricky somewhat. I’m 5’10” with a 31” inseam...and I’m a male so that makes a difference with stand over height...depending what bike I go with. Is it crazy to buy one of these bikes without having the opportunity to ride it first? I’m tempted however that’s why this size matters so much.

Thanks Alaskan. I’m also looking at the 2021 Cube Hybrid 120 Pro Allroad full suspension. I would imagine the same applies to the sizing. I’m kind of between sizes which is tricky somewhat. I’m 5’10” with a 31” inseam...and I’m a male so that makes a difference with stand over height...depending what bike I go with. Is it crazy to buy one of these bikes without having the opportunity to ride it first? I’m tempted however that’s why this size matters so much.
That full suspension allroad full suspension is one very cool and capable looking bike. Very few places you can't go on that bike. That Sram eagle 12 speed is an awesome drive train. Oh the places you will go ;)

Back