My Closest Trail

That's awesome... I bought my house primarily because it's next to the Holyoke Range in Western MA. There's a trailhead in my backyard - no driving required to get to 100+ miles of hardy trails (about 40% singletrack)!

OCMHolyokeRange.jpg

That's awesome... I bought my house primarily because it's next to the Holyoke Range in Western MA. There's a trailhead in my backyard - no driving required to get to 100+ miles of hardy trails (about 40% singletrack)!

NICE! I would totally move just to be near trails like that.

A couple of years ago, I placed an offer on a house that was next to a local trailhead ... was outbid. Every time I ride by that house I give a little "sigh". In my current house, I can ride a few miles on streets to get to a few short local park trails, but have to transport our bikes to get to any of the nice trails.

Take a day and come up to the New River Trail. Galax near Blacksburg VA. Really beautiful 57 mile river/rail trail. Maybe too gentle but bring a friend, picnic etc!View attachment 25433

I rode the New River Trail back in October of 2015. A great ride but I wish it were closer. 8 1/2 hours one way.

New River 1a.jpg New River 2a.jpg

We also rode the Virginia Creeper Trail a bit farther south. Nice scenery but a bit crowded with rental bikes riding down hill.

I moved in July and found some new to me trails. I like having a fun spot within a few minutes drive or ride. Here's excerpts of me learning them last month. What's your closest trail like?

EMTB - NC

Other than a few dirt & grass paths, the closest quality trail for me is the Lehigh Gorge about 90 minutes away. It runs 24 miles from White Haven to Jim Thorpe, PA. through the beautiful Lehigh River gorge. I posted these pics in the "Show Us Where You Ride Your Ebike" thread:

Lehigh Gorge 1a.jpg Lehigh Gorge 6a  .jpg Lehigh Gorge 8a.jpg Lehigh Gorge 5a .jpg

A few years back, I considered moving to the Cumberland area of western Maryland. There are dozens of great trails within an easy ride. My wife, brother and I make several multi day trips down there every year.

Back