Must Buy accessories Items for ST1

Cupid

What are must buy accessories items after your ST1 purchase?
Anything you guys recommend? E.g. Tire liner, mini pump, rear saddle bag, better seat, etc

1 of the 3 fancy seat posts, extra batteries, more extra batterries, , lights so you don't use the extra batteries except to move, when you get a flat, buy any and all shop recommended flat protection if they are the ones that are going to do the work if it gets flat, panniers to carry the extra batteries and cover the motor so you get less hassles, spare cassette, and dental floss to get the bugs out of your teeth form the stupid ass grin this bike brings every time you ride :)

opimax, what kind of fancy seat post? Chrome? Any recommendation? Is there issue with stock seat post or just for cosmetics?

The 3 i am referring to are the ThudBuster, Body Float and Suntour NSX sold in mostly in Europe. i am not 100% sure on the correct name for the Suntour , there are threads are these. these are suspension posts to help smooth out the ride, well worth the expensive price IMHO

opimax; why extra battery? You carry one with you when you ride?! Isn't that too heavy? What would you say is maximum range of ST1 Platinum on POWER Boost mode riding on mostly flat surface? Around 15 miles?
And if extra battery, what would be good price to pay for it? Around $500?

What would you say is maximum range of ST1 Platinum on POWER Boost mode riding on mostly flat surface? Around 15 miles?

Max range on POWER is still heavily dependent on how fast you ride, because of wind resistance.

I get about 15 to 18 miles averaging 22-24mph on POWER on fairly flat terrain, after 200 charge cycles, with the tires towards the low end of the inflation range, and I weigh 145lb.

I count on approx 20 miles per battery on power, carry 1 in each pannier. I avg 19.5 last night did 50 so about 2.5 batteries. I paid 700 for 1 and earned a free one from the bike shop/Stromer for using my bike as a demo for a couple days. I also got 2 batteries w/2 bikes purchased for a total of 4. If I go out alone almost always have 3 w/me and use the amount of time I have to judge what power level I use

do some searches here , 50 is avg , long is 80 , check out Ravi and his 200 mile day...exercise and fun

What is Rule #4?

Opimax, thanks for the info. 50 miles. Wow. Why such long distance? Where do you go?

Keepers of the Cog (otherwise known as those who make the rules of bicycling)

www.velominati.com

Rule # 4 "It's all about the bike." The only accessory a bicycle needs is the rider.

This road-side replacement tube: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FB0QZPI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

It will let you fix a flat without having to remove the rear wheel, which can be quite difficult on the ST1.

I purchased one for my ST2, and keep it with my roadside toolkit. Whenever I do get a flat, I will use this tube to get me back home, where I will replace it with a standard tube in the comfort of my garage.

61vY9J3EW2L._SL1000_.jpg

This road-side replacement tube: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FB0QZPI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

It will let you fix a flat without having to remove the rear wheel, which can be quite difficult on the ST1.

I purchased one for my ST2, and keep it with my roadside toolkit. Whenever I do get a flat, I will use this tube to get me back home, where I will replace it with a standard tube in the comfort of my garage.

If you do get a flat, you'll have to cut the existing tube, remove it and then insert this Gaadi tube!

With all the new Stromer owners out there...this thread deserves a bump. I had to search for the name of the manufacture to replace my rescue tube.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    934.5 KB · Views: 675
~$45 for a tube is that not expensive? I like the idea of it but don't think I've paid that for a tube ever.
Try Amazon $15.75...still expensive but worth it when your late for work. Price is always a value proposition...for some $15 for an hour is cheap! Others not so much.

Oh yeah...if your riding a Stromer price doesn't really enter into the picture - does it??:p

Try Amazon $15.75...still expensive but worth it when your late for work. Price is always a value proposition...for some $15 for an hour is cheap! Others not so much.

Oh yeah...if your riding a Stromer price doesn't really enter into the picture - does it??:p
Here are the product videos for the GAADI tubes. I know you've used them, others may find them helpful. A picture is worth...;)

I can personally guarantee if you buy these, you'll never get another flat:rolleyes:
That's what happened to me! Full disclosure, I installed Schwalbe Marathons the same day I started carrying one of these.

Last edited:
I would recommend these items: 1) Thudbuster, 2) a decent bell (stock one belongs on a tricycle), 3) Ergon grips, 4) Ibera RA5 rack, 5) pair of Ortlieb pannier bags, 6) Brooks B67 seat, 7) the more expensive headlight option that comes as part of the City Kit--my dealer got me just the light, no fenders or luggage rack from the City Kit and it's really good, 8) Shimano pedals and shoes with clips that really keep your feet on the pedals (sorry, don't know model #'s but got from REI), 9) Mirricycle rearview mirror, 10) mount of iPhone/cell phone so you can use Strava as you ride, 11) like others have said, batteries and more batteries.

I ride long rail to trails routes--like the 240 mile Katy Trail in Missouri. It's wonderful, but electrical outlets en route can be scarce. I have two gold batteries, one purple. With them, if I don't ride too fast which leads to great air resistance and drag, on fairly level ground I can get about 100 miles without having to recharge. Between the bike, panniers, all other accessories and me--at 220 lbs., that's pretty decent, though I take the charger and if I think I may run out of power, will try to find a place to rest up or have lunch and charge a battery while I am off the bike. That puts the load at about 300 lbs. I could use another battery but carrying a third one in the panniers adds a total of 20 lbs. of weight--a lot.

I had never seen the Gaadi tube before. I ride on some really remote rails to trails trails, and have never had a flat with my ST-1--in 2000 miles. But my day is coming and the thought of being 40 or 50 miles from a bike shop with a flat on the rear wheel scares me. I'll check this out for sure.

Back