Multiple chargers on one power point.

Oh sure, because that's just so EASY, everyone CAN and SHOULD do it.

We should tell all the LBS's to close up shop as they are obselete, and everyone just DIY their own ebike ground up with mail order ali parts :D

I'm so silly... having 3 Grin Satiators. Was a pain in the butt to move them from room to room.
$900 in *chargers*? Hey by all means ... you go, girl! Also... where do you think Grin gets the Satiator made for us Gringos? Read the label (I just did on mine): (People's Republic of) China. The Mean Wells come from Taiwan.

Last edited:
$900 in *chargers*? Hey by all means ... you go, girl! Also... where do you think Grin gets the Satiator made for us Gringos? Read the label (I just did on mine): (People's Republic of) China. The Mean Wells come from Taiwan.
What's your point?

I make a ton of money and can buy the things I want instead of wasting my time to hack fire hazardous chargers.

Don't assume othes want to do what you do. Just as folks buy Teslas instead of DIY their own e-car, they buy ebikes too instead of DIY. I'm fine on both making and spending my money, thanks.

What's your point?

I make a ton of money and can buy the things I want instead of wasting my time to hack fire hazardous chargers.

Don't assume othes want to do what you do. Just as folks buy Teslas instead of DIY their own e-car, they buy ebikes too instead of DIY. I'm fine on both making and spending my money, thanks.
Funny, I was going to ask you the same question. I guess the point was you like to run your mouth. As evidenced again by your letting out the braggart in you. Again. You spend a lot of time happily pissing people off here, I've noticed.

Don't mistake giving people advice - which they asked for - as telling them what to do. Also don't make the mistake of thinking your advice is good for everyone. Or anyone. If a forum was not for discussion and airing different views, we would all just email you directly.

Actually I should say "don't repeat the mistake" rather than "don't make the mistake." That horse is already out of the barn.

tenor.gif

Late to this thread:
No worries. I live in a Polish block of flats (strangely, it is in countryside near to Warsaw). A single 230 V wall socket here powers:
  • A refrigerator
  • A microwave oven
  • A coffee maker (the coffee maker and the microwave oven are rarely used simultaneously).
  • Three e-bike chargers: 4 A + 4 A + 3 A
  • A laptop
  • A computer screen
  • The internet router
  • As well as three chargers for mobile devices.
There are other wall sockets for electric kitchen range, vacuum cleaner, and appliances such as hair-dryer. The whole flat is protected by circuit breakers in the corridor.

I used to stay in many European hotels and have never had any issues with wall socket capacity. And, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany are highly developed countries with the most strict safety standards.

Many North Americans forget that the 230 V mains needs less than half of the current necessary for the 110 V one to transfer the same charge.

No worries.

1625511227900.png

Charging three e-bike batteries (4 A + 4 A + 6 A) at a hotel in Jelenia Góra, Poland. Smartphones were charged at the same time. Note the single charging point.

Last edited:
Back