Motor noise on new Husqvarna MC4

dh26

Region
USA
Just purchased a new Husqvarna MC4. The specifications show this for motor: "Shimano EP8, DU-EP800, 250W, 85Nm".
I'm completely new to E-bikes. I had this bike shipped to me without riding it. Upon riding, I hear the motor clanks with a metallic sound and makes noise for a few seconds and then is quiet then makes noise again. I haven't ridden it a lot yet but this completely surprises me as it sounds like a motor problem. I've read some random websites that have comments that makes me think it might be normal for metallic-clanking noise in e-bike motors.

Is this normal. Is anyone familiar with the Shimano motor and can comment? thx

The louder-than-expected metallic noise I mentioned in my post happened when I first received the bike and rode it for a few minutes around the house. Today I actually went on a short (5 mile) trail ride and the noise did not happen. Maybe the noise happens when you use the motor for the first time.

The louder-than-expected metallic noise I mentioned in my post happened when I first received the bike and rode it for a few minutes around the house. Today I actually went on a short (5 mile) trail ride and the noise did not happen. Maybe the noise happens when you use the motor for the first time.
Good to hear the problem disappeared.
It could be a noise from quite a different source. There are many things that resonate through the frame.

The Husqvarna website says the weight of that ebike is 130 kg... that's 286 lb! No way! How much does it really weigh?

The Husqvarna website says the weight of that ebike is 130 kg... that's 286 lb! No way! How much does it really weigh?
It is the Permissible Total Weight (e-bike + rider + cargo) for that e-bike.

Inappropriate for a heavy rider but hey, that's a carbon frame!

Back