Mini Review of Fultyme E-Bike Hitch Mount 2-Bike Rack, 200 lbs. Capacity

CAUTION with this rack! Lost a bike using it.
Replace the wheel tie downs with the kind that has a ratcheting lock. I was transporting my R1U 700 and a buddy's Juiced RCS. His bike was on the outside and his downtube slanted down towards the seat. I had to move quickly into another lane and the Velcro wheel straps let go and the bike just slid out from the top hold down bracket of the wells and hit the street. Before we could get turned around the bike disappeared. No joke-someone snatched the bike off the street. Moral: Tie the bike securely. Use the ring on the top of the rack to secure both bikes. This was a very expensive learning experience. My buddy (still, I hope) and are in some discussion as to was responsible. My driving or his tie down procedure.

@tlippy I have the same rack but haven't driven with my bike on it yet. So, I'm interested in understanding what happened in your situation.
  • Did you have the ratcheting locking tie downs when this happened? You mentioned later that the "Velcro wheel straps let go".
  • What do you mean "his downtube slanted down towards the seat"?
  • How did the bike slide out from the wheel wells? Did the straps loosen (and come undone) and the bike bounce off the wheel wells?

@tlippy I have the same rack but haven't driven with my bike on it yet. So, I'm interested in understanding what happened in your situation.
  • Did you have the ratcheting locking tie downs when this happened? You mentioned later that the "Velcro wheel straps let go".
  • What do you mean "his downtube slanted down towards the seat"?
  • How did the bike slide out from the wheel wells? Did the straps loosen (and come undone) and the bike bounce off the wheel wells?
Interested to know more about this as we have one of these racks too!

CAUTION with this rack! Lost a bike using it.
Replace the wheel tie downs with the kind that has a ratcheting lock. I was transporting my R1U 700 and a buddy's Juiced RCS. His bike was on the outside and his downtube slanted down towards the seat. I had to move quickly into another lane and the Velcro wheel straps let go and the bike just slid out from the top hold down bracket of the wells and hit the street. Before we could get turned around the bike disappeared. No joke-someone snatched the bike off the street. Moral: Tie the bike securely. Use the ring on the top of the rack to secure both bikes. This was a very expensive learning experience. My buddy (still, I hope) and are in some discussion as to was responsible. My driving or his tie down procedure.
Oh man, so sorry to hear that :( Yeah, as I said previously, I used to travel with canoes, kayaks and surfboards on my roof racks for many years. I would lash those suckers every which way from Sunday. You have to lash and double slash securely. I had a surfboard go full launch on the highway one time. Thankfully nobody was hurt.

The typical solution would be those ratchet tie-down straps. However, I'm slightly concerned with the S hooks and metal ratchets getting in the way. I'm thinking of these Gear Tie Mega twist ties from Nite Ize that another forum member uses. Not sure how durable or secure they are for our purpose.
Will look into that for sure. I'll wait to take the bike out on this hitch rack again until I figure out a better alternative than the velcro strap tire hold downs that came with it.

I see whole lot off rubbing going on.
Limey... No rubbing. I did find that rotating the pedals so you can latch them to the center post gives the ultimate security. 100 % happy with the set-up now. My car would have to do a summersault for the bikes to get away again. Glad the lesson was the other guys bikes got loose... Not mine

Can someone measure how long the hitch insert bar is. I would like to use this on my Jeep WRangler, but it has the spare tire on the tailgate. Need to know how long a hitch extension bar I would need to get.

Has anyone found a locking pin that fits the threads on this bike carrier?
I'm 1400 miles away from mine so I can't get to it but is the hitch hole threaded? I never eaven looked. I bought a locking pin + one of those uolt cinchers to keep it from rattling

Last edited:
Back