Mid drive added to the rad wagon

JAG

67DA64FE-5F3C-4451-81BA-AB378842F00C.jpeg
67DA64FE-5F3C-4451-81BA-AB378842F00C.jpeg

Experiment, yes. The mid motor runs away from the hub. I need to find a rear rim with those big beefy spokes to replace it..

I have a rad wagon also and was thinking about a mid drive but the torque has me worried about the chain snapping , so I'm looking at where I could mount a friction drive chainsaw motor , if you have any suggestions (Where to mount) I'd be glad to hear um ---

I have a rad wagon also and was thinking about a mid drive but the torque has me worried about the chain snapping , so I'm looking at where I could mount a friction drive chainsaw motor , if you have any suggestions (Where to mount) I'd be glad to hear um ---
So instead of having a shorter chain life with a mid drive, you want to reduce tire life with a friction drive? Chains are $20 or less, tires are $35-40. 2 cycle powered bikes around here are called DUI cycles. Guys that lost their driver's license ride them. For some reason I always see a couple of those at the liquor store. LOL

So instead of having a shorter chain life with a mid drive, you want to reduce tire life with a friction drive? Chains are $20 or less, tires are $35-40. 2 cycle powered bikes around here are called DUI cycles. Guys that lost their driver's license ride them. For some reason I always see a couple of those at the liquor store. LOL
2 batteries don't get me far enough . and need some way of going farther --- My handicap don't let me drink ---I never let a battery run dead , and always swap out on the last bar --- If I knew how to 'Frankenstein' a generator to a 4 stroke flying horse and plug straight into the controller , or drag a trailer with a flex solar panel to charge a 3rd battery --- I just wanna go 100 miles a day on my rad wagon ---

2 batteries don't get me far enough . and need some way of going farther --- My handicap don't let me drink ---I never let a battery run dead , and always swap out on the last bar --- If I knew how to 'Frankenstein' a generator to a 4 stroke flying horse and plug straight into the controller , or drag a trailer with a flex solar panel to charge a 3rd battery --- I just wanna go 100 miles a day on my rad wagon ---
100 miles every day is motorcycle territory.

Last edited:
I installed a bbshd on a radwagon about a year ago and have been running without issues. No problems with the chain or any other part of the drive train. I did take out the wheel with the hub motor and substituted for a conventional wheel.

Back