Manufacturer Defect—-RESOLVED

MDog51

I bought my bike in November.... had in a dry, warm, safe area for the winter. I took it out today to admire it and I noticed paint had flaked off the body. I will contact Bulls regarding warranty. I will keep you folks updated.

I have a tr1 speed and love it.

BA44DE08-B26B-4D2C-A0DB-24A2C6F64A1D.jpeg

Went to the dealer who informed me the paint did not adhere to frame which is indicative of a manufacturing defect. Bull’s wanted give me a small bottle of paint rather than deal with the issue. Naturally, I rejected that because the problem is still there with more paint coming off the frame.

This situation is addressed in the warranty:
“The manufacturer warranted the bike was free of defective materials or workmanship, according to the written warranty”

Based on my research this has happened with other bicycle manufacturers who simply replaced the frame with one that was not defective.

Last edited:
I filed a warranty claim due to a manufacturing defect on my new bike. The Dealer showed incompetence in dealing with both the issue and the manufacturer. The Dealer became belligerent and argumentative when I rejected his attempts to under play the issue and offer unacceptable solutions.

I contacted Bulls, myself, who resolved the problem in 30 minutes. They overrode the dealer and offered to take the bike back.

The Dealer needlessly caused problems and dragged this situation on for 6 weeks.

Bulls conduct was exemplary and I am purchasing amother bike using a different dealer.

Last edited:
I filed a warranty claim due to a manufacturing defect on my new bike. The owner showed incompetence in dealing with both the issue and the manufacturer. The owner became belligerent and argumentative when I rejected his attempts to under play the issue and offer unacceptable solutions.

I contacted Bulls, myself, who resolved the problem in 30 minutes. They overrode the dealer and offered to take the bike back.

The owner needlessly caused problems and dragged this situation on for 6 weeks.

Bulls conduct was exemplary and I am purchasing amother bike using a different dealer.
Hope it all goes well this time. I noticed that you edited the title to include RESOLVED. Thanks, I wish others would do that.

Hope it all goes well this time. I noticed that you edited the title to include RESOLVED. Thanks, I wish others would do that.
Of course, we as purchasers need to stick together and share information. These are high quality, expensive bikes.

I am very pleased with Bulls, a very positive , solution oriented team.

Not a paint issue but I just got through a rather long warranty claim with Bulls. My battery on my E-stream Evo 45AM (or whatever that long name is) failed after about 20 hours of riding. To dealer twice to try to get it going. Then confirmed via dealer and Bulls that battery was no good. Then waited and waited for Bulls to replace. Kept hearing that batteries were back-ordered from BMZ. I finally said they’d have to strip a battery out of a new bike before selling it, or buy my bike back, or give me a new bike. Bulls kept resisting. Dealer offered to step in and buy a bike on his own account in order to give me a good battery, or take the bike back. I threatened a small claims action against Bulls as a last resort. Not in a nasty way, but only to say I wasn‘t waiting longer. Bulls then pulled a battery from somewhere and shipped it to me after a few more prods from the dealer.

The dealer was great but there was little he could do except take the hit. That is a good dealer in my view. Now I wonder whether the warranty is extended for the length of time it took to replace the defect or if the warranty on the new battery starts again. Supposedly the battery warranty is from BMZ but I am not certain that the law would allow Bulls to use that as a shield if they sell the entire bike. I am sure there is something in the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act or case law that addresses this. Not worth it to explore for now. Happy with a functional bike.

Not a paint issue but I just got through a rather long warranty claim with Bulls. My battery on my E-stream Evo 45AM (or whatever that long name is) failed after about 20 hours of riding. To dealer twice to try to get it going. Then confirmed via dealer and Bulls that battery was no good. Then waited and waited for Bulls to replace. Kept hearing that batteries were back-ordered from BMZ. I finally said they’d have to strip a battery out of a new bike before selling it, or buy my bike back, or give me a new bike. Bulls kept resisting. Dealer offered to step in and buy a bike on his own account in order to give me a good battery, or take the bike back. I threatened a small claims action against Bulls as a last resort. Not in a nasty way, but only to say I wasn‘t waiting longer. Bulls then pulled a battery from somewhere and shipped it to me after a few more prods from the dealer.

The dealer was great but there was little he could do except take the hit. That is a good dealer in my view. Now I wonder whether the warranty is extended for the length of time it took to replace the defect or if the warranty on the new battery starts again. Supposedly the battery warranty is from BMZ but I am not certain that the law would allow Bulls to use that as a shield if they sell the entire bike. I am sure there is something in the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act or case law that addresses this. Not worth it to explore for now. Happy with a functional bike.
Good news your way.

I suggest you get your question answered regarding the warranty.... in my experience, manufacturers want to rely on the date of purchase rather than date of replacement.

Back