Magnum ui6 going away?

Luckybell

Region
USA
After months of researching ebikes I went to a LBS to try a Magnum UI6. They only had the UI5 in stock and didn't think they would be getting the UI6 back in stock until July. I called Magnum to see if they had any idea when they would be getting it back in stock and was told anywhere from July through September - explaining that it was a lack of shipping containers issue. I then called back to my LBS to see if I could put some money down on the incoming(July) UI6 bikes. I was then told by them that Magnum would not be making that bike and the UI5 anymore and that they are not available to purchase. Has anyone else heard this?

I did not, but I'm no expert. I just bought a UI6 last week at the local ebike shop and chatted them up a lot about their bikes and about magnum and I didn't hear that. I heard that prices were going up (shocker, but actually pretty plausible). They had nearly every model including the Ranger in stock. Another dude bought a metro the same time I bought my UI6. The shop dude said the UI6 was particularly popular just because of the lower price point. They apparently sell a ton in the spring.

After months of researching ebikes I went to a LBS to try a Magnum UI6. They only had the UI5 in stock and didn't think they would be getting the UI6 back in stock until July. I called Magnum to see if they had any idea when they would be getting it back in stock and was told anywhere from July through September - explaining that it was a lack of shipping containers issue. I then called back to my LBS to see if I could put some money down on the incoming(July) UI6 bikes. I was then told by them that Magnum would not be making that bike and the UI5 anymore and that they are not available to purchase. Has anyone else heard this?
…Ui6 disappeared from magnum’s site :). You have good intel.

Back