Luna Belt Drive BABE

I did this starting back in 2015 - Belt drive, Rohloff, Ventana wolfram 27.5+ frame, E-rad motor. The bike has been flawless and totally awesome. While it was a few more dollars than I wanted to spend, the custom build was done by professionals and you know what they say about "you get what you pay for". I would imagine the bike cost was about double than a higher end model from a mass produced manufacture. I just know every one of those dollars spent was worth every cent over the last 4+ years and the next 10.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    735 KB · Views: 539
There is one vendor that will do anything.

I tend to think that at the power level of the Bafang M620 gears essentially become an un-necessary expense. Most riders can get a fixie going even up a hill if they only have to work at it for say 10 seconds. Once at like 5-10mph the Bafang will be in an efficient rpm even with a 66T Front / 20T Rear belt sproket combo (this can be optimized for

Yea I thoug
That's funny - I was thinking the exact opposite thing. If it didn't have any suspension it would have almost everything on my wish list. I am looking for a commuter bike and I don't want to deal with shock maintenance. I also would prefer not to have an internally mounted battery.

That sounds promising. Didn't PIM (Seattle retail bike shop?) produce a few budget ebikes then essentially give up on producing their own bikes, tho? Their web site is dead, anyway: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Yea I thought the same thing. No website anymore, no facebook page anymore, sounds like they are DOA.

Hi! i own a Luna fat babe for a month. I know it s not very long but riding this bike is a blast. First time i try the Maxxis minion on the trail and they are so much grippier than the kenda. The Gates carbon drive perform well and is silent but to adjust the tension i try the android app with no good results. I ordered the krikit tension gauge wich should arrive soon. I treat the Sturmey Archer RSX-RK5 internal gear hub with care and respect not to break it. It is weird to have to stop pedalling for changing gears and for this reason i let nobody try my bike. But it is fast my son own a big new ATV and on technical terrain he had trouble following me!
IMG_20200820_120812.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! i own a Luna fat babe for a month. I know it s not very long but riding this bike is a blast. First time i try the Maxxis minion on the trail and they are so much grippier than the kenda. The Gates carbon drive perform well and is silent but to adjust the tension i try the android app with no good results. I ordered the krikit tension gauge wich should arrive soon. I treat the Sturmey Archer RSX-RK5 internal gear hub with care and respect not to break it. It is weird to have to stop pedalling for changing gears and for this reason i let nobody try my bike. But it is fast my son own a big new ATV and on technical terrain he had trouble following me!View attachment 62986

Very nice, is the ride comfortable ?

Update on owning a luna Fat Babe. the third gear of the internal gear hub is skipping and the Bafang motor make a weird noise. Do i recommend this bike? the answer is no.

Back