Low key commuter ebike

trapundi

Hello,

I am going to move to Miami for work and I am thinking of getting an ebike to commute to the office. I am thinking of using an ebike to commute daily to not get sweaty on the way. The distance between my apartment and my office will be of about 5 miles. I have never owned an ebike before. I am looking for something low key that looks like a regular bike. Ideally I would like to spend under $2000. I like the look of both the Vanmoof and Faraday bikes. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Perhaps you have checked out the bike reviews, videos and written evaluations. I'm satisfied with my radrover, but it's not "low key". The rad power bikes is coming out with a commuter next month, according to their site. If I was looking for a commuter I might also consider something like this one (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) . Battery could be disguised, if necessary.
I have a regular city bike with that 8 speed internal hub and it's super convenient to ride and easy to maintain. Good luck.

Perhaps you have checked out the bike reviews, videos and written evaluations. I'm satisfied with my radrover, but it's not "low key". The rad power bikes is coming out with a commuter next month, according to their site. If I was looking for a commuter I might also consider something like this one (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) . Battery could be disguised, if necessary.
I have a regular city bike with that 8 speed internal hub and it's super convenient to ride and easy to maintain. Good luck.
How would you disguise the battery on an ebike such as the Luna?

How would you disguise the battery on an ebike such as the Luna?
Most people seem to think that black battery case is a motor, at first, the way it just sticks out on my bike. Some ebike owners paint their case. Could work to paint that case the color of the bike. Others put a triangle bag around it, then it looks like storage and not like a battery or motor.
http://lunacycle.com/batteries/battery-bags/luna-cycles-triangle-battery-bag/ There's also a triangle bag by Ibera which others use.
Too bad there's not a way to make it look invisible, at least that I know of. :)

Last edited:
I had seen the easygo race but the price seems significantly lower than practically any other ebike, so I was worried with it being made too cheaply. Does anyone have any experience with it?

The review/chat video with court at this year's interbike showed how impressed he was with the changes they've made to improve the stealth of the race and the battery too.

And if I were to raise my budget to around $2500, what would you recommend between the Vanmoof or a Faraday bike? Are there any other models I should check out as well? And what makes these bikes cost twice as much as the easygo race?

The Specialized Turbo is going to look like a 'regular' bike to most people. The battery is very stealthy. They start at $2500 and if you find one on closeout it may be even cheaper. It's going to be faster than the other bikes (up to 25-28mph.) If all you want to do with the bike is your commute the Faraday or Vanmoof are fine. The Specialized Turbo will let you do more with the bike give you the option to travel farther by e-bike.

The EasyGo Race is a single speed bike with a basic hub motor and a very small 208Ah battery. It wouldn't be my first choice for a 5 mile commute.

Last edited:
Back