Looking for "Twist Throttle" e-bike

48v

It seems like the Twist & Go feature is disappearing. Is there a list of bikes with this feature?

I don’t think twist throttles are disappearing. All current Pedegos have throttles (most have pedal assist, too), and last I heard, we’re the biggest ebike company in the US.

Much of Europe doesn’t allow throttles, so many ebikes made for both markets leave throttles off.

The more I get back into the ebike world, I realize what I am looking for....throttle override. That is not easy to find. Pedego seems to be one of the only companies still over throttle overide.

You might check out Rad Power Bikes with PAS 0-5 and throttle. The twist throttle has an on/off button and the full 750w of power is available in any PAS level when using the throttle (even at PAS 0). Very nice feature for getting across intersections in a hurry, short inclines, pushing the bike up inclines, riding over obstacles that would contact the pedals if you only has PAS, etc...

Some of us added a thumb throttle on top of the twist. I find it easier to twist in the right amount of power and have better control of the grips on rough terrain with the thumb throttle attachment.

It seems like the Twist & Go feature is disappearing. Is there a list of bikes with this feature?
I rode a couple of used ebike at a LBS a few weekends ago and both had twist throttles: Motiva Shadow and IZIP E3 Zuma. I quickly decided I preferred a thumb throttle, but everyone has their personal preference.

Pretty sure there are quite a few bikes with throttle override, think most of the bikes that have throttle override PAS

But I think some bikes may require you to peddle a little bit before throttle kicks in as a safety feature

Rad power bikes definitely have throttle override and will start from a dead stop like mr gold said

Look at a E-Glide ST. They have a throttle and are a very reasonable priced bike with good parts for its price range. They are located in Santa Monica Ca. The owner, Dave is a very easy guy to work with. The bike has good power and range. I have had zero problems with mine. Before I bought mine, I looked or rode many different E bikes. I actually liked the E-Glide better than some bikes that were twice the price. The only thing that I have changed is the stem, for a little more upright position, because I have the seat pretty high. (long legs)

I just purchased a Volt Yukon (geared hub drive) and it has a twist throttle and pedal assist. It also has a defeat button which will lock out the throttle so it can't be accidentally actuated.

If you're ok with a single speed the SS-Glide is a bargain. Loads of fun, had no problem with mine, and replacement batteries are under $300.

Back