Looking for first bike

Yvette

I’m new to ebikes. I tried a friend’s EBGO from Costco. Love the e-bike idea, now I NEED one! 5’1”, 55 yrs young, uncooperative knees. I live in Saskatchewan Canada and try to keep up with my avid biking hubby. I ride a lot in the city, parks and on lots of hard packed trails while holidaying. Some hills and few tree roots on trails. I’m looking for a step through, upright peddling, possibly pullback handlebars and hopefully one I can sit on seat and touch ground at stopping. I guess basically a beach cruiser with at least 7 gears? I’m hoping for a $2000 max.
I’m wondering what your thoughts are on battery position. I have a friend who doesn’t like battery on back cargo carrier. He says too much weight at back-front felt unstable.
I’m looking at the Rad City step through e-bike. But they are out of stock right now. Should I wait? Anyone else try an EBGO? Other similar option?
Your advice/opinions will be appreciated.

Dunno if the one-size-fits-most would work for you, or if you could get one where you live, but the iZip Simi seems to tick all your boxes. No throttle though, if that is also something you want.

Hi Yvette, Biktrix are located in Saskatoon and their Kutty model says it fits riders from 5 feet, it’s lightweight for an ebike at 38lb, the battery is in the frame, and the seatpost can be adjusted down far so you can put both feet on the ground. If you would like the comfort of a cruiser saddle the Cloud 9 saddle is ok, my wife preferred the Schwinn ultra comfort saddle you can buy from Amazon

Last edited:
I’m new to ebikes. I tried a friend’s EBGO from Costco. Love the e-bike idea, now I NEED one! 5’1”, 55 yrs young, uncooperative knees. I live in Saskatchewan Canada and try to keep up with my avid biking hubby. I ride a lot in the city, parks and on lots of hard packed trails while holidaying. Some hills and few tree roots on trails. I’m looking for a step through, upright peddling, possibly pullback handlebars and hopefully one I can sit on seat and touch ground at stopping. I guess basically a beach cruiser with at least 7 gears? I’m hoping for a $2000 max.
I’m wondering what your thoughts are on battery position. I have a friend who doesn’t like battery on back cargo carrier. He says too much weight at back-front felt unstable.
I’m looking at the Rad City step through e-bike. But they are out of stock right now. Should I wait? Anyone else try an EBGO? Other similar option?
Your advice/opinions will be appreciated.
Take a Look at the Veego 750 from ridescoozy.com It's a Step thru with the battery mounted vertically , right below the Seat. It's been on my radar for quite awhile now. ??

Hi Yvette, Biktrix are located in Saskatoon and their Kutty model says it fits riders from 5 feet, it’s lightweight for an ebike at 38lb, the battery is in the frame, and the seatpost can be adjusted down far so you can put both feet on the ground. If you would like the comfort of a cruiser saddle the Cloud 9 saddle is ok, my wife preferred the Schwinn ultra comfort saddle you can buy from Amazon
Awesome. Thanx. I’ll go check that out.

Ok. Thank you Ian. I’ll do that.
I have the VeeGo 750 and love it, but I don’t think it will work for you. I am 5’9” and with the seat all the way down, I could put my feet flat on the ground. Since I added a suspension post, I can only touch the ground with my toes. The VeeGo semi-fat may be a better fit for you, but I don’t know if Jason ships to Canada.

IMO, Ride Scoozy offers a quality product line, especially at that price point. I have been to their shop a few times and ridden several of their bikes. All bikes are assembled in their warehouse in Florida prior to shipping to the customer.

Avoid Addmotor, they will not stand behind the bike despite lots of empty talk on-line. Mine is broken down after 200 miles and I can't get help from the factory. You need to be real handy to own an Addmotor bike.

I have the VeeGo 750 and love it, but I don’t think it will work for you. I am 5’9” and with the seat all the way down, I could put my feet flat on the ground. Since I added a suspension post, I can only touch the ground with my toes. The VeeGo semi-fat may be a better fit for you, but I don’t know if Jason ships to Canada.

IMO, Ride Scoozy offers a quality product line, especially at that price point. I have been to their shop a few times and ridden several of their bikes. All bikes are assembled in their warehouse in Florida prior to shipping to the customer.
Thank you for your advice. I’ll check out Ride Scoozy too.
Dunno if the one-size-fits-most would work for you, or if you could get one where you live, but the iZip Simi seems to tick all your boxes. No throttle though, if that is also something you want.
thanx Nova. I’ll check out I zip simi

I have a EBGO from Costco like the one you tried, I am selling it for $1,300 if you pay the shipping to Saskatchewan. It is still in the box. I am in Montreal. Hit me up if interested.

Avoid Addmotor, they will not stand behind the bike despite lots of empty talk on-line. Mine is broken down after 200 miles and I can't get help from the factory. You need to be real handy to own an Addmotor bike.

I own 2 Addmotor trikes (M-330 and M-360) and I haven't had a problem with them but I also have communicated with Addmotor about a couple issues without any problems. I have put on 1600 miles between the two of them. The reviews on the addmotor tandem bike site are positive as well. I know you indicated that a bolt went bad but their response doesn't sound like them. How long have you had the tandem bike since you have only put 200 miles on it? There is a one year warranty so I'm not sure you are providing the entire picture. Maybe more information regarding your communication with them.

I own 2 Addmotor trikes (M-330 and M-360) and I haven't had a problem with them but I also have communicated with Addmotor about a couple issues without any problems. I have put on 1600 miles between the two of them. The reviews on the addmotor tandem bike site are positive as well. I know you indicated that a bolt went bad but their response doesn't sound like them. How long have you had the tandem bike since you have only put 200 miles on it? There is a one year warranty so I'm not sure you are providing the entire picture. Maybe more information regarding your communication with them.
I had the bike for about a month. The bolt holds the bottom bracket in place on a tandem. I assume they think I snapped it off; which I did....attempting to get it loose to adjust the chain. The second bolt came loose without a problem.

I had the bike for about a month. The bolt holds the bottom bracket in place on a tandem. I assume they think I snapped it off; which I did....attempting to get it loose to adjust the chain. The second bolt came loose without a problem.

This is water under the bridge but why did you have to loosen the bolts to adjust the chain? There are many ways to adjust the chain (even though I know yours is very long) it would seem without taking the bike apart. I presume that Addmotor concluded that by breaking the bolt when you had problems loosening it without notifying them that you were having problems and asking for their advice you took that part of it out of warranty. I am sure that they would send you a new bolt but from your perspective, you indicate that you can only weld it to fix it? Maybe you could take a picture of what you're talking about so I and others can have a better understanding of your situation. You must have sent a picture or video to Addmotor to explain the problem. That is a basic requirement of Addmotor or any online company. Is this the "bolt" you are talking about since it seems to be holding the bottom bracket?:

1559159780188.png

Last edited:
Back