Looking for fast, long distance, high quality ebike

Ebike Noob

Region
USA
I really enjoyed my first ebike, a Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0, but unfortunately it got stolen. I'm looking for a replacement and I want to get something that's really nice, hopefully something that would exceed some of the Vado's capabilities.

Two of my higher priorities are range and speed. I like some of the bikes I'm seeing that have dual batteries for extra long range. There are lots of longer trails where I live that I would like to explore without worrying about running out of juice.

I'm also looking for something that I can ride fast if I want to, something with a powerful motor and a desrestricted throttle. I know that when you're dealing with more power like that you'll want high quality components that can take the forces.

I'd really like a good all around bike. I would mostly be using it for getting around town (a very hilly one), but I'd also like to be able to take it off road.

The current offerings from Watt Wagons look really nice, but I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there that I might not even be aware of. There are so many to choose from!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Naw, the bike I´d suggest is way too affordable, not super fast, & climbs altogether too well.
It´s just too much of an all around bike.

I really enjoyed my first ebike, a Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0, but unfortunately it got stolen. I'm looking for a replacement and I want to get something that's really nice, hopefully something that would exceed some of the Vado's capabilities.

Two of my higher priorities are range and speed. I like some of the bikes I'm seeing that have dual batteries for extra long range. There are lots of longer trails where I live that I would like to explore without worrying about running out of juice.

I'm also looking for something that I can ride fast if I want to, something with a powerful motor and a desrestricted throttle. I know that when you're dealing with more power like that you'll want high quality components that can take the forces.

I'd really like a good all around bike. I would mostly be using it for getting around town (a very hilly one), but I'd also like to be able to take it off road.

The current offerings from Watt Wagons look really nice, but I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there that I might not even be aware of. There are so many to choose from!

I have the Specialized Turbo Creo setup as a gravel bike and have been riding it for well over a year. It was my go to ebike until I received this ebike described in this EBR Thread. I ride the MD 1000 4-5 times per week (2,000 miles in) and purchased it with the Sturmey Archer 5 speed IGH but unfortunately that drivetrain proved to be unsuitable and very unreliable. They are in the process of converting the IGH option to the Rohloff 14 Speedhub IGH. That ebike will ship to the US for just over $5K. If you want to save a couple of thousand dollars they are selling them with a SRAM X5 derailleur/chain drive train that is perfectly adequate for the riding conditions you described.

The MD 1000 handles remarkably well for it's large size and the bikes size may be an issue if you are a shorter individual. My Turbo Creo is an XXL and both bikes fit my large 6'5" frame perfectly (seat fully extended). It has dual batteries and additional batteries (I have 4) can be purchased initially with the bike for a much cheaper than retail price. The BMS with charge both batteries on the bike simultaneously and the 5ah standard charger will fully charge both 15ah batteries in less than 8 hours. I have 3 chargers so all 4 batteries are ready to go at all times. As I said, with the good weather here I ride it almost daily 30-50 miles on and off road with an occasional longer ride thrown in. Since I can easily average over 20 + mph I can complete the exercise rides in less than 2 hours. Only problem is it is killing my golf game as it is now the preferred activity (much less frustrating). :)

I get 40-50 miles out of the standard 2 batteries riding it fast and hard (top speed +/- 40mph). I can nearly double the range by riding conservatively but who wants to do that ;-). Bringing the 2 extra batteries along easily gets me to 80 -100 mile range and no ebike I've seen or read about can do that. The Turbo Creo claims 80-100 miles with the Battery Extender (I have one) but I can't get more than 50 miles out of it unless I exert a lot more energy than my old body wants to give. Honestly, I like the Turbo Creo ... it is a great ebike and fun to ride but had I known about the MD 1000 before purchasing the Creo, it would have never happened.

Last edited:

I have similar requirements and I'm looking at Dost for my next bike.

BEST ONLINE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO GET YOUR EX LOVER, HUSBAND, WIFE, GIRLFRIEND OR BOYFRIEND BACK. ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP: +2349058764985 This is the site. I read about Doctor Amigo and contacted him to help me get my ex boyfriend back to marry me during the month of May this year and I have come back here to post about him. Doctor Amigo will help you solve your problem no matter what you are going through. My name is Melissa from USA. Posting about a spell caster is very strange to me because I never believed i will be able to say that I was helped by a spell caster in bringing my ex boyfriend back to me after 3 years of no contact. I read about Doctor Amigo from other websites and contacted him to help me and in less than 48 hours my ex boyfriend called me and I was happy that he wants to get back to me. We met on Friday and he proposed to me,... It was the most beautiful ring. Please everyone out here, Contact Doctor Amigo to solve your problem for you and make you happy.
GOOGLE "DR AMIGO ONLINE LOVE SPELL CASTER" TO REVIEW ALL HIS ARTICLES. Email [email protected]
Hey Everybody ...let us welcome the newest spamming member Melissa !! ... and hopefully very soon we can say adios also.

Back