Locking nuts for rad rover

ChubbyBike

Hey, new to the radrover life. Enjoying my new ride, but hate carrying a huge ny noose chain lock and cable lock to protect everything. I commute to work and bike thefts around there are typically - crimes of convenience.
So I want to go back to just a ulock, but I think I can only do that with some locks for the wheels.
I searched the topic - se someone has used pitlocks - but haven’t really read anything about how these go on, loosen, etc.

I have a RadWagon in a big city known for a ton of bike thefts and installed a PitLock locking skewer for the front wheel and the seat post lock. I figure the rear wheel is too much of a pain for anyone to take off so didn’t bother with that. I would like to add another seat post lock for the seat itself (you can get locks matching your original key on the PitLock site). With those, a NY Noose + small U-lock for the frame, a medium sized U-lock for the rear wheel, and a disc brake lock for the front disc, I feel no one will bother with my bike as there surely must be easier bikes to steal. I don’t have any misconceptions that given a couple of minutes alone with an angle grinder, a competent thief could still get through all that, but, I don’t need to “outrun the bear, just the slowest person around”.

Thank for your answer, I believe your wagon has thinner tires.
The rad rover has 12mm rear axle (185mm between the dropouts) and a 135mm QR front skewer (measurements from the Rad guys)
Ideally I'd like to lock these both in, so I don't have to commute with two locks. I've come up a bit short looking for wheel locks for fat tires.

Oh, right, much wider tires. I also was mistaken - I thought I had PitLock but I have PinHead which the guy at the LBS where I bought them said were better. The guy did say PinHead has different size skewers as well as axle locks so hopefully something works.

https://pinheadlocks.com/store/en/6-products

FWIW, a quick search on EBR shows that there are a couple of people that have used PinHead locks on their Rovers. Might be worth asking those users which ones they used.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/show-off-that-rad.13906/

Back