Light Upgrade

pearlbeer

Anyone have a good 'plug and play' alternative to the front light on the RadWagon? I want something powerful (and safe).

It's not "Plug and play" but i liked this add on from Amazon. with 7 LEDs its very bright and does a great job of lighting you ahead with a super strong beam and a good surrounding halo for peripheral vision.

I started out with almost the identical light for my Radrover back in 2016. I wasn't able to get the 4 hours of run time with light and the light output was way lower than the advertised +10,000 lumens. What I also didn't like was the light would stop working when the power would get too low. I had to keep it topped off before every early morning work commute ride and that is sometimes hard to do.

The 16 rover came with a dinky headlight that was about as bright as an iPhone light. Ended up going with Niterider lights with external battery packs. I did a headlight for the rover and helmet light. I have extension cable to keep the headlight battery pack in my rack bag. I keep the helmet battery pack in my commuter backpack.

I like the helmet light with headlight because it can add to the the road light, focused beam with helmet light to see further down the road at 20 mph, I can fix a flat in darkness with the helmet light, illuminates everywhere I turn my head, and vehicles on side streets intersections can see me better if a fence/parked parked cars/shrubs are blocking my headlight.

I like the attached lights because I can switch between my 5 bikes and have head bands for the lights for hiking and camping. Able to find used Pro 3600 Enduro and Pro 1800 Race with spare batteries for 1/2 price on eBay. Only need to charge the battery packs once a week and they have been flawless since 2017.

Radcity with Niterider 1800:

city with niterider.jpg

Radrover with 3600 Pro Enduro:

Rover with niterider.jpg

Pic of my Fox Helmet with Niterider Pro 2200 and Light & Motion Vis 180 Pro tail light:

Fox Helmet side.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking to upgrade my 2016 Radwagon light with this

It can accept voltages from 36v-96v so that will work with the light wiring on the Radwagon (which measures 48v).

This is how much power the light uses.
  1. 80 lm @ .72 watts
  2. 770 lm @ 5 watts
  3. 2900 lm @ 22 watts
  4. 3200 lm @ 27 watts
  5. 770 lm flashing @ 2.5 watts

Back