Lectric XP - does the frame match the rear hub?

dknightd

I posted this in the "other brands" forum, but it seems to have been left behind when the new forum was formed.

So I thought I'd start it again here.

Apparently it is difficult to put the rear wheel back in if you have to repair a flat tire.

Having to stretch the frame to hold the hub is not ideal. It puts unnecessary stress on frame and hub.

There seems to be some question about this.

Brobox posted a picture showing it is about 1/4" off:

Grey Beard posted a link on how to install hub washers on an ebike.

Brobox did get his wheel on by prying and hammering

But it looks like he left the torque washer on the inside of the frame.

Together, this suggests to me perhaps the washers were installed incorrect at factory.

Could moving the torque washers outside the frame solve this apparent mismatch?

I do not have my bike yet, so can't check. And I probably will not pull the rear wheel until I have to. But if there is a torque washer on both sides of the axle it could just be a matter of taking them off, flipping them around, and putting them on the outside of the frame. I suspect if you did that you might have to realign the brake. And the factory might have put the washers inside the frame for other clearance issues . . .

Thoughts?

I just changed my freewheel and ha

I posted this in the "other brands" forum, but it seems to have been left behind when the new forum was formed.

So I thought I'd start it again here.

Apparently it is difficult to put the rear wheel back in if you have to repair a flat tire.

Having to stretch the frame to hold the hub is not ideal. It puts unnecessary stress on frame and hub.

There seems to be some question about this.

Brobox posted a picture showing it is about 1/4" off:

Grey Beard posted a link on how to install hub washers on an ebike.

Brobox did get his wheel on by prying and hammering

But it looks like he left the torque washer on the inside of the frame.

Together, this suggests to me perhaps the washers were installed incorrect at factory.

Could moving the torque washers outside the frame solve this apparent mismatch?

I do not have my bike yet, so can't check. And I probably will not pull the rear wheel until I have to. But if there is a torque washer on both sides of the axle it could just be a matter of taking them off, flipping them around, and putting them on the outside of the frame. I suspect if you did that you might have to realign the brake. And the factory might have put the washers inside the frame for other clearance issues . . .

Thoughts?
I do know about the issue with the frame being tight, mine was not a problem. I just changed my free wheel over.

I just changed my freewheel and ha

I do know about the issue with the frame being tight, mine was not a problem. I just changed my free wheel over.
I don't believe there is an issue either. If the bike is upside down when your removing or installing the rear wheel it's snug but not a big deal. There's no excess force on the hub or frame.

I don't believe there is an issue either. If the bike is upside down when your removing or installing the rear wheel it's snug but not a big deal. There's no excess force on the hub or frame.

I installed mine this way and it slid right off and on.

Attachments

• 20200710_141646.jpg
    20200710_141646.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 368
I had a real battle the first time I took my rear wheel off but now it's snug but goes together pretty easily, better technique or stretched frame?

Back