Lectric XP 2.0 bottom bracket, type and size?

rawlus

Region
USA
Interested in advice from anyone that has serviced or replaced bottom bracket on XP 2.0

After two years of riding getting some creaking which i think is BB related and wanting to know a bit more about what i’m getting into, if replacement is the way to go or if the stock BB is serviceable or only a cartridge type…. assume i’ll need some tools but for that i’d need to know sizes and such. thanks in advance for any info or tips.

Loose crank bolts, the swedged chainring to the crank flexing or a dry seatpost needing grease would be my guess.

After replying to your reddit post with some more thought, the bottom bracket is threaded and serviceable. Standard loose bearings given the cost. If the BB/Crank is not loose, pull the chain off to the inside. Carefully hold it away from the crank and spindle with a finger on the BB. Spin the cranks, listen and feel. The inertia from the cranks is deceptive. I prefer to pull them and feel the spindle by hand before tearing down a BB.

If you need a crank tool, skip the Park and budget options. I've even got a cracked Campy crank tool. Buy a Sugino.

Back