Laying XP's on the side for transporting???

rfw1953

I conducted a search before posting this question. I wasn't able to find anything after conducting the search. I also scanned all four pages on the site... Just ordered two XPs for RV traveling and riding around town for my wife and me. I have a trifold cover on the bed of my truck. I see the folded height of the XP is 37"...Too high to fit inside the bed folded w/trifold bed cover closed and bikes upright, so going to have to lay bikes on sides for transporting. I'll use a pad to protect but are there any know issues in transporting the XP bike this way?

It's fine. Lay it on the left side and have the left crank in the up position to help stabilize. If you fold the handlebar, put something between it and the front fork so they don't rub.

Thank you! I shouldn’t have assumed this before placing the orders. Lol! I suspected it would be ok but should have verified. The foldable pedals should help as well. I’ll make sure to use sufficient padding & straps to protect and secure when transporting.

Thank you! I shouldn’t have assumed this before placing the orders. Lol! I suspected it would be ok but should have verified. The foldable pedals should help as well. I’ll make sure to use sufficient padding & straps to protect and secure when transporting.
Have you been transporting the bike on its side ? Has it been ok ?

I throw mine in my van once in a while without hurting it with no problems. Make sure you put the side down so it sits on the derailer guard. It won't hurt anything that way..

Back