Latch 5000mile update

EdC

After 3 1/2 years and 5000 miles my Pedigo Latch is still going strong. Breaks and tires are original and still don’t need replacement. I ride it all year long in Chicago on incredibly rough roads and sidewalks. Great bike. Ed

After 3 1/2 years and 5000 miles my Pedigo Latch is still going strong. Breaks and tires are original and still don’t need replacement. I ride it all year long in Chicago on incredibly rough roads and sidewalks. Great bike. Ed
Hi EdC, any updates on your Latch? You still like it? Is it still riding well? I do like how it folds, just haven’t been convinced about the front hub motor and only a 3-speed IGH.

Hi EdC, any updates on your Latch? You still like it? Is it still riding well? I do like how it folds, just haven’t been convinced about the front hub motor and only a 3-speed IGH.
I’m almost at 6000 miles and the bike is holding up well. I really like the front hub motor for riding the river trail here in Chicago because it alows my bike to be all wheel drive when I need the extra traction. The three speed hub has worked fine for me. No maintenance and no adjustments, but you do have to peddle fast to get to and sustain 20mph. The throttle is better for those speeds. Ed

716C9B6C-0035-42DD-AE44-A1652226B149.jpeg

Hi EdC,
Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it. Seems to be a pretty solid bike. Even though I prefer a rear hub, for some reason I just keep coming back to this bike…maybe because I like the fold; seems to fold more compact than others. Have you also been satisfied with how it climbs hills? Thanks

Hi EdC,
Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it. Seems to be a pretty solid bike. Even though I prefer a rear hub, for some reason I just keep coming back to this bike…maybe because I like the fold; seems to fold more compact than others. Have you also been satisfied with how it climbs hills? Thanks
There is not a lot of big hills in Chicago, but we have a lot of bridges and ramps. There are small hills on the river trails, also. I’ve had no trouble, at all, on any hill I’ve encountered. It does fold nicely and I’ve folded it at least a hundred times since I don’t have a bike rack on my car. Ed

There is not a lot of big hills in Chicago, but we have a lot of bridges and ramps. There are small hills on the river trails, also. I’ve had no trouble, at all, on any hill I’ve encountered. It does fold nicely and I’ve folded it at least a hundred times since I don’t have a bike rack on my car. Ed
Thanks again Ed for all the info you’ve been able to provide about the Latch. It’s greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again Ed for all the info you’ve been able to provide about the Latch. It’s greatly appreciated!!
Two things I would like to add. Before you buy the bike, try putting in and taking out the battery. It goes in easily but unless they’ve made improvements since I got mine it isn’t so easy to get out. The second thing I’d like to mention is, if you do buy the bike you might like to install a suspension seat post. The bike has no front or rear suspension. You can’t do anything about the front, but a seat post suspension will allow you to keep some of the vibration of those small wheels from going up your arms and shoulders. Ed

Two things I would like to add. Before you buy the bike, try putting in and taking out the battery. It goes in easily but unless they’ve made improvements since I got mine it isn’t so easy to get out. The second thing I’d like to mention is, if you do buy the bike you might like to install a suspension seat post. The bike has no front or rear suspension. You can’t do anything about the front, but a seat post suspension will allow you to keep some of the vibration of those small wheels from going up your arms and shoulders. Ed
Hi Ed,
My local Pedego store won’t be having anymore in stock until Spring and I would definitely want to test ride before deciding. Would definitely get a suspension seat post for it. I did read some reports about battery removal issues. I would definitely check into that to see if that’s been resolved, thanks.

Back