Kope On the way!

l3n

Just ordered a Kope with two batteries, my first eBike. Really pumped up for it to arrive. I live in Philly and will be using it mostly for commuting, but will look to do some longer leisure rides. While I sit here and wait for delivery in late Nov, I am already thinking about ways to trick it out. What do you think of these accessories? Are there others that you find useful for the Kope/Drop?

Just ordered a Kope with two batteries, my first eBike. Really pumped up for it to arrive. I live in Philly and will be using it mostly for commuting, but will look to do some longer leisure rides. While I sit here and wait for delivery in late Nov, I am already thinking about ways to trick it out. What do you think of these accessories? Are there others that you find useful for the Kope/Drop?

Congratulations! I recommended Dost to good friends In July. They’ve been delayed twice but now expect delivery around Oct 19th.

For a laptop bag I’d suggest Arkel brand. Made in Canada, great quality that lasts. See their Briefcase Urban Pannier. If you plan to ride in rain, only Ortleib bags. Get the laptop liner that is tailored to the bag shape.
I cant comment on the bottle holder. But if you’re planning on handlebar mountEd, that’s prime real estate. I prefer my handlebar bag instead.
I really like this ABUS lock. I’ve attached it to my seat post and used some foam pipe insulation to take up some space. The lock is not as flexible as a cable for threading thru bike and post, but it looks more substantial to prevent bolt cutters. At the end of the day, all locks can be defeated. You’re just preventing honest people from taking your bike 😉. I wouldn’t leave an eBike out of my view when locked.

Happy riding. I hope Dost has the quality expected and can stay in business.

Congrats, I'm also in the Philly area. I've purchased my second e-bike, a DŌSt Drop that should arrive in November as well. I plan on keeping both my bikes and am adding some accessories to the new one.

The lock you listed is purportedly a good choice based on many reviews and I plan on getting it, too. I bought some of the DŌST accessories with the bike order - the Rear Bag, second battery, suspension seat post, and rear view mirror.

I'm planning on getting my own pannier, probably this Waterproof Pannier Bag, that I've had my eye on.

Congrats, I'm also in the Philly area.
Nice. I've spoken to a couple of other locals. We should start a Philly Dost Club or something!

I'm planning on getting my own pannier, probably this Waterproof Pannier Bag, that I've had my eye on.
That looks like a nice bag, especially for the price. Weill definitely add on my list to consider. I also recently identified this bag from Two Wheel Gear that seems like a nice option to pair with a Kope, though though it is a lot more money. Since I'll be using it as a commuter, I like the backpack with laptop sleeve design with the quick release.

Last edited:
Congrats on pulling the trigger. It will be nice to hear your reviews - both of your reviews. Dost is in the top five list for me as I continue to ponder priorities before taking the plunge. They look like amazing bikes, and they seem to be able to go the distance. And I think they have throttle as I recall, right? Very impressed with these bikes.

It's too bad they have those wires hanging down underneath the bike. That was a dealbreaker for me.

The hanging wires aren't as big a concern for me and didn't detract from the other functions and features that the bike offers. I think it's still a good value and hits a sweet spot for my particular demographic. The throttle on a mid-drive motor was a big deal for me. The handlebar not being a cruiser style was another factor as well as, of course, the price point.

Last edited:
Congrats on pulling the trigger. It will be nice to hear your reviews - both of your reviews. Dost is in the top five list for me as I continue to ponder priorities before taking the plunge. They look like amazing bikes, and they seem to be able to go the distance. And I think they have throttle as I recall, right? Very impressed with these bikes.

Soon as I receive the bike next month and do some riding, I'll be happy to share my impressions.

Soon as I receive the bike next month and do some riding, I'll be happy to share my impressions.
Nice. I've spoken to a couple of other locals. We should start a Philly Dost Club or something!

That looks like a nice bag, especially for the price. Weill definitely add on my list to consider. I also recently identified this bag from Two Wheel Gear that seems like a nice option to pair with a Kope, though though it is a lot more money. Since I'll be using it as a commuter, I like the backpack with laptop sleeve design with the quick release.

I like that other bag, too. Yes, it turns into a nice backpack. Will put it on the list, thanks, Definitely willing to be part of the Philly Dost Club! :)

Reactions: l3n
Back