Known Issues & Problems with Velotric Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Velotric as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Velotric is a real bike.
Fairly new (about a year).
I have 2 and could not be more pleased with them.

I have a velotric and after having it for 5 months would like to comment on the controller and fork. The controller is a cruise type with several fixed speeds not a real pedal assit. I removed it and put it one that is similar to a rad power controller. The front forks are the cheapest you can get-bouncy bouncy. Last of all the bike is rated at over 400 lbs. My 250 lbs make the cheap balloon tires bottom out when the tire is filled to it's recommended pressure....Whoever designed the frame did a good job (but I doubt it was velotric).

I have a velotric and after having it for 5 months would like to comment on the controller and fork. The controller is a cruise type with several fixed speeds not a real pedal assit. I removed it and put it one that is similar to a rad power controller. The front forks are the cheapest you can get-bouncy bouncy. Last of all the bike is rated at over 400 lbs. My 250 lbs make the cheap balloon tires bottom out when the tire is filled to it's recommended pressure....Whoever designed the frame did a good job (but I doubt it was velotric).
You should probably be specific about what you have. Velotric is a brand with several bikes.

rear brake just went. not assembled correctly and when I tried to put in new shoes discovered the maching was improper and woudl not fit. The bottom bracket bearing seems to be an unground type (cheap). When I'm done the only original things left will be the frame and wheels

brake problem was caused by the wrong adapter on the front brake. Contack Myles @ AffordableEbikes.ca he made an adapter from the odd connector on the motor to a kt controller. He also sold me the controller and display and harness and a pas with the right connector on it. I made an adapter for the tail light and bought a cheap headlight from walmart. I also bought some cheap brake levers with 3 wire connectors to match up with the kt. I t runs like a rad power now with simulated torque. BTW if you have the early discovery1 bikes then check to see if the front brake adapter is correct as they put the wrong one on my bike and the front brake failed. this is the wiring diagram

Back