Kiox and USB Power to charge an accessory

Luto

Hi All,

On paper the KIOX has a micro USB port that should output enough to charge a small head lamp or top off a cell phone.

So I tried to hook one up only to find that physically, I cannot get a cord plugged into the KIOX and place the KIOX back on the mounting frame. The plug interfered with the fit onto the mounting frame. I had a pretty minimal plug head.

Anyone solve this?

Thank!

Hi All,

On paper the KIOX has a micro USB port that should output enough to charge a small head lamp or top off a cell phone.

So I tried to hook one up only to find that physically, I cannot get a cord plugged into the KIOX and place the KIOX back on the mounting frame. The plug interfered with the fit onto the mounting frame. I had a pretty minimal plug head.

Anyone solve this?

Thank!
I bought a standard micro B USB "On The Go" cable from an ordinary computer store. The micro B plug is small enough not to hinder the Kiox mount. The other end of the cable is a "standard" USB socket.

The mobile is then connected (plugged in) to the above cable using the mobile's charging cable.

I actually used heat shrink to make the plug/socket connection stable and water resistant.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi, I am using the Kiox to power my Garmin Edge Explore. You need a small cable with two micro-usb connectors. Just ordered one from eBay.

Back