kickstand gave out

Metalusion

we all knew that the supplied kickstand was going to last long right?
how's yours holding up?
mine bent over and gave up the ghost while in the bike shot suddenly almost comically.
it just started leaning over until we caught it.
question is now what to replace it with?

is there a better one available?

i reached out to the Radrover guys to see if they have an opinion on it. whether this would be covered or not.
if so i don't even know if i would replace it with another of the same. i would like a sturdy stand.

for home/garage they make floor stands for fat bikes. Otherwise maybe one of the dual kick stands that keeps the bike upright instead of having a lean (some of those fold up to one side, not sure the ones that go on either side of the tire would work with a fat tire).

I own this kickstand and it's great on non-fat bikes, and should work on fat bikes, but you should measure. The stand is 350mm and can be cut down, but I don't think you'll have to cut it. It's not cheap, but I think it's well worth the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Pletscher-Two...442373477&sr=8-1&keywords=pletscher+kickstand

There's also this stand that's very similar, I think they're made in the same factory.

http://www.amazon.com/Esge-SKS-Doub...20Z2SNL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR102,160_

The biggest kickstand maker in the world is Greenfield, made in the USA. They make very sturdy, very affordable stands.

thanks for the tip J.R.
i see that some kickstands come with a top mounting plate for bikes that don't have a kickstand attachment. i "think" that is necessary for this bike. i'm inclined to look for a double leg stand but one that is also made of steel.
found this one that might do the trick if it fits with a fat tire bike

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/kickstands

STEEL HEAVY DUTY ADJUSTABLE LEG KICKSTAND,Are you tired of fighting with your silly single leg kickstand? Sick of your bike leaning over precariously every time you park it, just waiting to fall over? So were we! So we did something about it, and you can too!
Get yourself a double-leg kickstand! This is a new double-leg kickstand for bicycles, the screw at the top will fit most bikes designed for a kickstand, and there is an included top plate that can straddle your chain stay tubes if you don't have a kickstand mount on your bike.
The two legs on this kickstand will keep your bike incredibly stable, and the durable construction mean the kickstand will not easily break or bend. In fact, it's strong enough for use on electric bikes and motorized bicycles, too!
You adjust the kickstand height by the threaded legs, then lock the position with the nut.
Features:
* Fits 24" - 28" bikes
* Adjusts from 10" to 13" high (from ground to mounting plate)
* Construction is steel with rubber contact feet

* Feet width is minimum 5 3/4" when in the down position (increasing to 7 3/8" when feet are adjusted to lowest position)
* Our most rugged kickstand
* Applications: MTB & ATB, Road & Racing
* Weighs 2lbs 3 oz lbs (as shown in picture)
* Color: Black $28.00

i've sent an email asking if that stand would work with the Radrover.
awaiting response

Last edited:
i emailed the company a very long time ago and have never gotten a reply. go figure.

on the other hand RadPowerBikes stepped up and replaced the kickstand with a more sturdy one. been happy ever since.

I adjusted my kickstand out longer to help the Rover stand more up right when I use it. The standard level looked like the Rover was leaning too much to the side and it was putting too much pressure on the kickstand. My bike weighed about +70lbs when loaded down for work commuting. So far, just doing that has kept both kickstands working fine since Sept/2016.

I gave up looking for a double kickstand for a fat tire ebike. If someone found a good one, I would change over to this.

I adjusted my kickstand out longer to help the Rover stand more up right when I use it. The standard level looked like the Rover was leaning too much to the side and it was putting too much pressure on the kickstand. My bike weighed about +70lbs when loaded down for work commuting. So far, just doing that has kept both kickstands working fine since Sept/2016.

I gave up looking for a double kickstand for a fat tire ebike. If someone found a good one, I would change over to this.

Back