Kickstand for Full Suspension Haibike Frames - Experience & Tips

nerdo

At last I got my 27,5" SDURO FullSeven 1.0 in dark grey anthracite ... luv it 😃
full bike stand down.jpg

full bike stand up.jpg

I ordered an adjustable kickstand with 18 mm holes, XLC german made, comes with 2 x M5 screws but no nuts.
I found out that 2 x 30 mm long M6 screws with nyloc nuts are needed for the job, so I ordered those.

kickstand screws.jpg

The kickstand mounting holes on full suspension Haibike frames is found on the left chainstay, nicely hidden by a plastic cover.
Frame holes are smooth and not threaded.
Corresponding to the holes on the inside of the chainstay there's a nut shaped depression, neat detail!

cap on holes.jpg

cap off.jpg

nuts impression.jpg

The kickstand holes needed a bit of widening to accommodate the M6 screws, that's where my Dremel came in handy.
Used the largest metal drill bit I have, light circular movements in the whole easily ate away some aluminum.
Doing that few time and checking frequently if the screw fits.

dremel.jpg

one hole widened.jpg

nuts behind.jpg

clearnce nuts.jpg

I didn't find much useful info while looking for suitable kickstand (thanks Bicyclista)
I hope this helps others 🙃

Please share if you know about/find a kickstand with M6 sized holes.... so no Dremel action is required!

Trying to see if you have that bolted on in the close up pics. The bolt has to extend just slightly through the nut so it picks up the nylon lock and actually works as a lock nut.

View attachment 55354
View attachment 55355

I ordered an adjustable kickstand with 18 mm holes, XLC german made, comes with 2 x M5 screws but no nuts.
I found out that 2 x 30 mm long M6 screws with nyloc nuts are needed for the job, so I ordered those.

View attachment 55356

The kickstand mounting holes on full suspension Haibike frames is found on the left chainstay, nicely hidden by a plastic cover.
Frame holes are smooth and not threaded.
Corresponding to the holes on the inside of the chainstay there's a nut shaped depression, neat detail!

View attachment 55357
View attachment 55358

View attachment 55361

The kickstand holes needed a bit of widening to accommodate the M6 screws, that's where my Dremel came in handy.
Used the largest metal drill bit I have, light circular movements in the whole easily ate away some aluminum.
Doing that few time and checking frequently if the screw fits.

View attachment 55359
View attachment 55360

View attachment 55362
View attachment 55363

I didn't find much useful info while looking for suitable kickstand (thanks Bicyclista)
Why didn't you just get some M5 bolts instead of using a Dremel?

Frame holes are smooth and not threaded. Corresponding to the holes on the inside of the chainstay there's a nut shaped depression, neat detail!
Doing that few time and checking frequently if the screw fits. I didn't find much useful info while looking for suitable kickstand (thanks Bicyclista)

Well done... nice metal working skills.

Where did you purchase this kickstand? It’s one of the nicer ones I have seen

I bought it from Bikester, here's link for UK store.... they have several european site if you are in Europe

Last edited:
Trying to see if you have that bolted on in the close up pics. The bolt has to extend just slightly through the nut so it picks up the nylon lock and actually works as a lock nut.
They are now ;)
Pics were taken before I finished completely with install... wanted to line mounting area with some material to prevent potential scratching of chain stay.

Why didn't you just get some M5 bolts instead of using a Dremel?

2 reasons, 5M nuts are smaller than the depressed spots on inside of the chainstay, then the need for a wrench to hold while tightening, maybe a scratch or two while you are at it. In addition the M5 screws will not fill the M6 holes in chainstay, for me that's a potential mm back and forth movement!

nuts dimensions.png

2 reasons, 5M nuts are smaller than the depressed spots on inside of the chainstay, then the need for a wrench to hold while tightening, maybe a scratch or two while you are at it. In addition the M5 screws will not fill the M6 holes in chainstay, for me that's a potential mm back and forth movement!

View attachment 57193
Ok thanks for clarifying. When you said that the holes weren't big enough so you had to Dremel, I thought it was because it uses M5 instead.

Back