Kevlar tyres recommendations for Fastroad E EXPRO

patersont

Kevlar tyres recommendations for Fastroad E EXPRO, I am only using the bike for commuting so looking to add some resilience to punctures, any advice welcome

Tony, I suggest that you consider using Panaracer Flataway liners which are made from Kevlar and are nigh impossible to penetrate.

Unlike conventional 'rubber' or plastic liners that provide bulk between the tyre and tube, the Flataways provide a shield that few sharp objects will manage to get through.

Flataway liners are glued to the inside of the tyre, effectively becoming part of the tyre. You might need to add a smear of contact adhesive to help them stay in place!
… David

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks David just purchased them and should be installed tomorrow, appreciate the advice

kind Regards
Tony

First thing i did after purchasing my Explore E+ was replace the Giant stock tires. I had two flats the first three times I took my new bike out. Been running Schwalbes for the last six months with no problems.

First thing i did after purchasing my Explore E+ was replace the Giant stock tires. I had two flats the first three times I took my new bike out. Been running Schwalbes for the last six months with no problems.
I am really unhappy with the poor stock tires. I've been a big fan of Schwalbes in the past. Which model did you put on your fastroad? Thanks!

I have Marathon E-Plus for commuting on my NCM Moscow E-MTB and I am looking at putting Marathon Racers on my Fastroad E+ 2 Pro. I would love to hear anyone else's experience. I appreciate that the puncture protection will not be as good but the weight and the speed will be more appropriate for the bike.

I put
Tony, I suggest that you consider using Panaracer Flataway liners which are made from Kevlar and are nigh impossible to penetrate.

Unlike conventional 'rubber' or plastic liners that provide bulk between the tyre and tube, the Flataways provide a shield that few sharp objects will manage to get through.

Flataway liners are glued to the inside of the tyre, effectively becoming part of the tyre. You might need to add a smear of contact adhesive to help them stay in place!
… David
I installed panaracer flat way liners and have been puncture free, unfortunately I took a heavy fall on the bike in wet conditions, my confidence in the stock tyres has gone so I’ve installed marathon e plus so far all is good and I feel more confident with the grip on wet roads, (this could all just be in my mind after taking a heavy fallthough)

The irony here is that most of my flats come thru the sidewall. Storms leave blackberry twigs strewn everywhere. It´s near impossible
to dodge them all. Sooner or later one will flip into the sidewall, liners or not. This is getting really tiresome.

Installed a pair of Pirelli Cinturato Velo TLR 35mm as tubeless on my Fastroad E+ 2. No punctures so far and extremely comfortable to ride on. Also significantly lighter with low rolling resistance compare to a lot of puncture resistant tyres. So far so good!

Back