Keeping water out of battery compartment on turbo Tero

chucker11

Region
USA
I’m getting ready to put my turbo Tero on the bike rack but it’s heavy enough that I want to remove the battery. The problem is, the battery compartment is then exposed to the elements and I don’t want water to spray up from the car onto the terminals and into the frame. Does anyone have a good idea of how to cover the battery hole while it’s on the car rack? I thought about tape and plastic bags but I’d like something that’s easier to put on
FBACF52C-9850-4CEB-AD31-1474566C1B71.jpeg

I’m getting ready to put my turbo Tero on the bike rack but it’s heavy enough that I want to remove the battery. The problem is, the battery compartment is then exposed to the elements and I don’t want water to spray up from the car onto the terminals and into the frame. Does anyone have a good idea of how to cover the battery hole while it’s on the car rack? I thought about tape and plastic bags but I’d like something that’s easier to put on
View attachment 105049

I am surprised that Specialized does not make a door or dummy battery to keep that compartment clean and dry. I know Trek makes a lid/cover for their removable battery but then the Trek is intended to be occasionally ridden without battery. I guess someone needs a 3d printer.

Thanks everyone. Since I lack a 3d printer. The idea of stuffing something in there makes sense. In an emergency, I can just install the battery although that puts me 10 pounds over the limit on my bike rack. (Sherpa 2). Luckily my wife’s bike is a vado sl 5 so it’s a little under the limit

Try wrapping Saran Wrap around the down tube and cover it with an elastic ACE bandage.

It might take a couple of minutes but you only need to do it when transporting in the rain.

Back