Just received my LMT'D

Rideagain

Region
USA
City
South East
Got my LMT'd today. First ebike.
It's still got 0 miles on it cause the front tube blew out at 20psi.??? Never seen that before. Hand pump always used. Rear tire was fine. Guess I'll be going to the LBS for a new one.
Mine came with a front headlight which was a suprise. Have no clue where to mount it. Cable is really short and won't reach the handlebars. Maybe I can leave it dangling and look like a light house:)
Wrote R1U to let them know.
No damage to the box or bike. I was sweating that. All spokes seem good but I did buy a spoke wrench just in case. I'll replace the tube tomorrow and test it out.

Update on LMT'D
Received new pair of tubes and installed one in front 2.4" tire with no problems.
Found the mounting point for the headlight. It's behind the fork brace. Problem is the bolt wouldn't thread or what looked like it didn't fit. I had to use a thread chaser and tap to clean out the hole and then I could mount the light. Very poor quality on something so simple. But it's a simple fix and ok now.
My old shock pump let all the air out of the front fork. What a bummer! I ended up pumping the fork to 90spi and locking out the fork and it held the height position. New pump arrived today and worked perfectly.
Right break lever is really soft and I can pull it almost to the handlebar. I need to look into adjust this. Haven't done it before so not touching it until I know how.
First ride yesterday. It feels really weird. Handlebars I don't like. Not going to change anything so I'll just give them some time to get use to. I have say, it feels really fast and pulls hard. Their is a short grade in my neighborhood that my other bikes were pretty hard to make it to the top but the LMT'D went up it without pause. All I can say is WOW.
Phone mount arrived but I haven't installed it yet.
Also got a battery powered rear light. My old Trek light is a clip on and nowhere to mount it. To bad because I've had it for about 15 years and still works great.
My next mod is a rear rack but that will have to wait until a few more $$ get put back into the accounts.
I'm really impressed with the torque this bike has. Once I get it all sorted out I think it will be a great ride.

Congrats on the bike. I ordered a LMT’D on Wednesday. Still no tracking info. Can you elaborate the on the feels really weird and handlebar comment? Are the handlebars too swept back?

I was thinking I may need to change the handlebars to a straighter MTB style, I really dislike huge swept back cruiser style handlebars. It’s tough to tell how swept back it is in the pics but I was hoping it wouldn’t be too bad.

Any other observations on the bike?

Congrats on the bike. I ordered a LMT’D on Wednesday. Still no tracking info. Can you elaborate the on the feels really weird and handlebar comment? Are the handlebars too swept back?

I was thinking I may need to change the handlebars to a straighter MTB style, I really dislike huge swept back cruiser style handlebars. It’s tough to tell how swept back it is in the pics but I was hoping it wouldn’t be too bad.

Any other observations on the bike?
I need to put more time in the saddle before I say ney or yea. I'm use to straight bars and have been for many years so it's kind of early to tell. I found out a long time ago that the saddle and handlebars are personal options. Some like hard saddles and swept back handlebars and some not.
I wouldn't worry about it yet. You'll get a feel of it after about 100 miles and know what you want.
When I used my road bike I had the hardest time getting the right saddle. All saddles need break-in time. Road bikes are the hardest because they take a lot of miles to know. I use to ride a 60 mile route and getting the right saddle is very important. I bought quite a few before I found the right one. Just because it was right for the road bike doesn't mean it'll be good for a mountain or ebike. so take your time and don't put much weight on what other people think. Some times they are right but I found a lot of time they weren't.

About your other questions, I'll get you some answers tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Back