Just Purchased a Ride1Up 500

I've had a 500 for 7 months with 1600 trouble free miles. Good choice and happy riding. I've added a suspension seatpost, rack bag, seatpost rack and rear view mirror.

1616253928781.png
1616254016793.png

1616254125060.png
1616254195741.png

1616253709947.png

I've had a 500 for 7 months with 1600 trouble free miles. Good choice and happy riding. I've added a suspension seatpost, rack bag, seatpost rack and rear view mirror.

View attachment 82151View attachment 82152
View attachment 82153View attachment 82154

View attachment 82150
I love the look of that bike Andi want to buy one but I can't get a definitive answer about the size of it. I'm 5'5 with a 29 inseam and some people have said that it would be too big while others have said it would be perfect. I would hate to get it and have it be too big. It's really the perfect bike for me otherwise. What are your thoughts since you actually own one?

Today I purchased the Ride1Up 500 ST and why.
I have done extensive research on ebikes in the last 4 months reading, watching reviews, sending emails to mfg asking questions. I'm not new to ebikes but wanted something a little different for my needs. Out of all the emails asking questions to ebike mfg. that I was considering, Ride1Up was the only company who responded within an hour to my email with a accurate answer. With that and pretty good reviews I hope I have made the right choice. Now its up to the delivery company to deliver a bike without it being damaged from them which has been my experience. Delivery companies have proven to have "I DONT CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO IT " work ethic.

Today I purchased the Ride1Up 500 ST and why.
I have done extensive research on ebikes in the last 4 months reading, watching reviews, sending emails to mfg asking questions. I'm not new to ebikes but wanted something a little different for my needs. Out of all the emails asking questions to ebike mfg. that I was considering, Ride1Up was the only company who responded within an hour to my email with a accurate answer. With that and pretty good reviews I hope I have made the right choice. Now its up to the delivery company to deliver a bike without it being damaged from them which has been my experience. Delivery companies have proven to have "I DONT CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO IT " work ethic.
The trick with FedEx is having the bike delivered to a bike shop. The residential side of FedEx is a mess but the side of the company that delivers to business is on point most of the time.

Just Purchased a Ride1Up 500 XR with rack and will post here about my experiences and what accessories that I get work or not. I'm a first time ebike owner and want to let first time owners know the ups and downs before buying
Report?

Received my 500 ST today. Fed/Ex delivered with box damage and upside down and lost hardware thru the box during transit for the rear cargo rack. The plastic bag holding the hardware was split open. Have an email out tonight to Ride1Up cs on my options and will report back. Haven't rode yet got late but will update.

Attachments

• IMG-6069.jpg
    IMG-6069.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG-6074.jpg
    IMG-6074.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG-6070.jpg
    IMG-6070.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Update:
R1U has stated they have sent me the hardware for the rear rack. I have had numerous issues with the bike including HUB motor whine and pulsing noise that rattles through the frame to the front headset and CS has been great always responded everyday trying to give me ideas to check and do. I think its the controller while riding with power on. When power is off nothing but normal sounds from the bike and its quiet. There are no brakes or fenders rubbing, In fact I removed them and sounds are still there. I have a rear tire that is fairly true but it spins like its oblong. I have checked and double checked everything I can to resolve the issues and the list too long of the things I have done. CS gave me setting changes to make and I did but the problems still there. Battery seems to deplete quicker than I would like using PAS levels1-3 according to other reviews. I'm not new to ebikes , but not a pro bike repair either. Ebikes should produce some noise but this cant be right. At age 60, I know my way around bikes. But as of now this is the loudest ebike I've ever owned and makes it to where I do not want to ride it. CS has been great and is still working with me. The box was so damaged upon delivery I can not or will not open up electronics to investigate. So I cant say what's going on inside the electronics. I like a challenge to repair and try to find an answer so I can help others, but I have spent days trying different things and my patience is about to run its course. I will update soon.

Update:
R1U has stated they have sent me the hardware for the rear rack. I have had numerous issues with the bike including HUB motor whine and pulsing noise that rattles through the frame to the front headset and CS has been great always responded everyday trying to give me ideas to check and do. I think its the controller while riding with power on. When power is off nothing but normal sounds from the bike and its quiet. There are no brakes or fenders rubbing, In fact I removed them and sounds are still there. I have a rear tire that is fairly true but it spins like its oblong. I have checked and double checked everything I can to resolve the issues and the list too long of the things I have done. CS gave me setting changes to make and I did but the problems still there. Battery seems to deplete quicker than I would like using PAS levels1-3 according to other reviews. I'm not new to ebikes , but not a pro bike repair either. Ebikes should produce some noise but this cant be right. At age 60, I know my way around bikes. But as of now this is the loudest ebike I've ever owned and makes it to where I do not want to ride it. CS has been great and is still working with me. The box was so damaged upon delivery I can not or will not open up electronics to investigate. So I cant say what's going on inside the electronics. I like a challenge to repair and try to find an answer so I can help others, but I have spent days trying different things and my patience is about to run its course. I will update soon.
Update:
It has been daily since receiving the bike that something needs adjusted or repaired. Currently have 45 miles on the bike. This is my first ebike that requires so much work to get going and this is defiantly not for amateurs. I blame a lot on the delivery companies how they handled the box causing damage to the bike and can not blame Ride1Up for this. Getting the gears indexed and calipers right has been on going issue. The rear brake pad next to the HUB motor can not be adjusted without specialty tools. My stubby wrenches will not fit and this bad design flaw. You either have to remove the rear tire or remove caliper to adjust brake pad. Adjusting brake rotors, derailleur many many times isn't working. The ebike makes unusual sounds when powered on that are too great for an ebike. A ebike should be seen not heard. Without power it acts and rides like a normal bike. My wife is short and to lower the seat you have to back out 1 bolt on the bottle cage holder so the the seat post can be lowered. Having a bottle cage there also doesn't work being so close to the battery your foot will kick it so a step thru no longer applies. All spokes adjusted and tighten. Both front and back rims trued. The rear tire might have a mfg defect to possible bulge in a section that makes the tire feel oblong when riding. The motor and controller are loud and resonate thru the frame and to the front. The list is to long on the things I've done on this bike since receiving but will continue to pursue to find a answer .

Last edited:
Back