Just Joined and happy to be here...

John Daly

I am the very happy rider of a Yamaha Cross Connect and am ready and willing to learn and share here. I have already posted a video about my first rides on the bike and some initial setting up changes. Initially I did make one small change; to avoid leaning down and forward too much I changed the stem to lift and pull back the handlebars just a bit. Like this:
newstem.jpgStemCHange.jpg
It turns out my previous bike’s hand grips measured 40.5 inches above the ground. The new, un altered Yamaha’s grips measured 38.5 inches above the ground (two inches lower).This revision brings the grips to 39.5 inches off the ground and a little closer.

I love the bike and use it every day, for almost everything.
Nice to be here.
John Daly

Last edited:
Welcome!

Yamaha seems to have done a really good job on their line of Cross bikes - I've nearly pulled the trigger on one in the past. Great, reliable motor systems. But I've become somewhat addicted to Class 3 bikes and their 28 mph assist levels. Don't want to have to work too hard for that exercise, after all. :)

Yes. I am a bit more slow paced I guess. I am good with an average speed around 16 to 18. I DO get lots of aerobic exercise according to my fit bit for every ride. I love that. It feels not unlike my non-pedal-assist felt and I like that too. A matter of taste I guess. Either way, enjoy the ride and stay fit!

Back