Juice Bikes Ripcurrent S so far so good ..so much fun and I'm very happy with this bike

Supermanwwm286

Eye catching Ebike with incredible performance and distance. Please note ..Made for flat trail rides not down hill or jumps.

Attachments

• 20191215_141621.jpg
    20191215_141621.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 787
  • 20191215_141627.jpg
    20191215_141627.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 905
Eye catching Ebike with incredible performance and distance. Please note ..Made for flat trail rides not down hill or jumps.
I use mine off road all the time, however like a Jeep Rubicon. Air down to 5psi and slow and steady rock crawling. Flat trail riding I keep it at 15psi. I haven't had the chance to ride in the snow or sand yet since I took delivery of my RCS in October.

Your front fork shocks are different than mine, did juiced change them or did you upgrade?

Attachments

• F1DAD667-4A79-431C-88A6-480103305CB6.jpeg
    F1DAD667-4A79-431C-88A6-480103305CB6.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 456
Your thread title fits my feeling to a tee.

I've had my RipCurrent S almost two weeks. This is my first ebike, and so far I'm pleased. I've only put 50 miles on it, mostly pavement. Sticking to rides I do often to compare to my other bikes, and it's done nothing but impress me.

I will be swapping out stem, handlebars, and saddle to fit closer to how my MTN bike is.

Attachments

• 0E4F6BC2-7D19-4716-8DE9-8E098AA2D424.jpeg
    0E4F6BC2-7D19-4716-8DE9-8E098AA2D424.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 519
  • 7421FF2A-7E4A-4703-AF16-4A418C18B5AB.jpeg
    7421FF2A-7E4A-4703-AF16-4A418C18B5AB.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 546
I use mine off road all the time, however like a Jeep Rubicon. Air down to 5psi and slow and steady rock crawling. Flat trail riding I keep it at 15psi. I haven't had the chance to ride in the snow or sand yet since I took delivery of my RCS in October.

Your front fork shocks are different than mine, did juiced change them or did you upgrade?

Interesting... so you ride off road.. well in November on my very first ride on my S about 10 mins of normal riding with a few curbs 18psi the factory forks cracked on me brake side.. the forks had no manufacturer name on them.. strange right.. well under warranty of course Juice Bikes took there time but sent me a replacement fork made by Mozo. The Forks you see on the bike now I wouldn't really call an upgrade more like a quick fix for now.

Attachments

• 20191114_174141.jpg
    20191114_174141.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 512
Your thread title fits my feeling to a tee.

I've had my RipCurrent S almost two weeks. This is my first ebike, and so far I'm pleased. I've only put 50 miles on it, mostly pavement. Sticking to rides I do often to compare to my other bikes, and it's done nothing but impress me.

I will be swapping out stem, handlebars, and saddle to fit closer to how my MTN bike is.

LoL the handlebar, grips and stem was the first thing I changed..

Oh wow , It could have been a hairline crack in shipment or perhaps the fork was switched in lockout instead of open when you drove over the curbs or maybe even defective fork. In any case I'm glad Juiced made it right in the end for you.

Last edited:
I'm liking mine but have very little mileage on it yet as winter is here and I didn't want to get it all muddy just yet as I'm still working on it. I'm liking the stock handlebar and used a extension bar to mount accessories. My DH MTB is a lot more lean forward style, so I'll leave this one the way it is I think. I added the SunTour suspension post because I like that on my other bike. I hate how the seat tube uses a shim, really annoying if one was removing their seat a lot. Luckily on this bike I won't be, but, I think they could have done a better job there or at least made it stay put. The RCS feels so different than my DJ MTB, but I like it and am glad they feel so different as otherwise one might be more redundant.

I'm liking mine but have very little mileage on it yet as winter is here and I didn't want to get it all muddy just yet as I'm still working on it. I'm liking the stock handlebar and used a extension bar to mount accessories. My DH MTB is a lot more lean forward style, so I'll leave this one the way it is I think. I added the SunTour suspension post because I like that on my other bike. I hate how the seat tube uses a shim, really annoying if one was removing their seat a lot. Luckily on this bike I won't be, but, I think they could have done a better job there or at least made it stay put. The RCS feels so different than my DJ MTB, but I like it and am glad they feel so different as otherwise one might be more redundant.
Pictures??

Pictures??
I have a couple of pics of my light and phone mount setup on the accessory bar in the thread about lights, and will have a full pics after I workout my fender mod and get some sort of bag on the carrier. I'd like to reverse the brake levers also since it comes with the cabling to support the Euro way, but then it is just switched for the US but cables are not adjusted. I like the brakes to be the same as a motorcycle my other bikes are like that.

I have a couple of pics of my light and phone mount setup on the accessory bar in the thread about lights, and will have a full pics after I workout my fender mod and get some sort of bag on the carrier. I'd like to reverse the brake levers also since it comes with the cabling to support the Euro way, but then it is just switched for the US but cables are not adjusted. I like the brakes to be the same as a motorcycle my other bikes are like that.
Can you provide a link to that thread ?

Newbie here, just received my RipCurrent S. Not my first MTB, but according to Juiced Bikes, this isn't one. I was warned about taking this bike "Offroad". It Is my first electric as I chose not to convert my Fuji or Kestle (there's an oldie).
The first ride was at night but only traveled a couple miles because of handling issues and clunking you could feel and hear from the front end while braking. Next day I made a daylight ride to check this bike out.
Found an quiet downhill neighborhood street and tested the brakes. Rear brakes were fine but not so with the Front. With even the lightest pull you could see the Left lower fork bow back several degrees putting the left side of the axle about 2 in or more further aft than the Right fork axle end The entire wheel lurched left and the top of the tire moved within millimeters of the Left fork upper tube. Loud clunking was felt and heard at the onset of each breaking. You could easily see the left lower fork tube angle back from the upper while the right lower fork barely moved.
Tried braking harder with the same results except now the tire contacted the Left Fork upper tube. The Right front fork flexes just enough to be seen (which seems normal) but the Left side flexes so much it's a bit scary.
Contacted Marc at Juiced and he gave the worst "warm n fuzzy" gloss over ever. Sight unseen he said this was "All Normal" and the clunking was from the brake rotor. Never addressed the axle twist associated with the difference in flex between the left n right forks and said to adjust the fender ???
I replied saying this wasn't going to ignored which is just what Juiced Bikes did, stopped all correspondence.
The Front wheel is tight up into the forks and the Head Tube shows no play. With the bike parked I can hold the front brake and duplicate the Left Fork flex and clunking without the brake rotor turning. The wheel lurches left everytime you push the forks to compression.
Like the bike, very nice frame welds and paint, everything fit well, wheels are true enough, shifts nicely, power is as advertised and there were no issues with assembly or hardware. But the front forks are keeping me from riding it. There are no visible markings on these forks, no brand or part numbers. They aren't the Mozo's as seen in the reviews.
I'm giving Juiced another week to respond before seeking local, State and Federal help with this warranty issue. The consumer protection groups frown on Warranty fraud at every level. Been down that path before with the FTC being the most effective.
Juiced hasn't offered any resolution. All I really want is to know I can get a seal kit for this No Name Brand Fork. Wouldnt mind rebuilding them myself. Looking like warranty or not, that what gonna happen.

Newbie here, just received my RipCurrent S. Not my first MTB, but according to Juiced Bikes, this isn't one. I was warned about taking this bike "Offroad". It Is my first electric as I chose not to convert my Fuji or Kestle (there's an oldie).
The first ride was at night but only traveled a couple miles because of handling issues and clunking you could feel and hear from the front end while braking. Next day I made a daylight ride to check this bike out.
Found an quiet downhill neighborhood street and tested the brakes. Rear brakes were fine but not so with the Front. With even the lightest pull you could see the Left lower fork bow back several degrees putting the left side of the axle about 2 in or more further aft than the Right fork axle end The entire wheel lurched left and the top of the tire moved within millimeters of the Left fork upper tube. Loud clunking was felt and heard at the onset of each breaking. You could easily see the left lower fork tube angle back from the upper while the right lower fork barely moved.
Tried braking harder with the same results except now the tire contacted the Left Fork upper tube. The Right front fork flexes just enough to be seen (which seems normal) but the Left side flexes so much it's a bit scary.
Contacted Marc at Juiced and he gave the worst "warm n fuzzy" gloss over ever. Sight unseen he said this was "All Normal" and the clunking was from the brake rotor. Never addressed the axle twist associated with the difference in flex between the left n right forks and said to adjust the fender ???
I replied saying this wasn't going to ignored which is just what Juiced Bikes did, stopped all correspondence.
The Front wheel is tight up into the forks and the Head Tube shows no play. With the bike parked I can hold the front brake and duplicate the Left Fork flex and clunking without the brake rotor turning. The wheel lurches left everytime you push the forks to compression.
Like the bike, very nice frame welds and paint, everything fit well, wheels are true enough, shifts nicely, power is as advertised and there were no issues with assembly or hardware. But the front forks are keeping me from riding it. There are no visible markings on these forks, no brand or part numbers. They aren't the Mozo's as seen in the reviews.
I'm giving Juiced another week to respond before seeking local, State and Federal help with this warranty issue. The consumer protection groups frown on Warranty fraud at every level. Been down that path before with the FTC being the most effective.
Juiced hasn't offered any resolution. All I really want is to know I can get a seal kit for this No Name Brand Fork. Wouldnt mind rebuilding them myself. Looking like warranty or not, that what gonna happen.
Yes sir be careful. This is what happened to my Ripcurrent S after 10mins of normal riding on my NONAME forks.. strange right..lol Juice Bikes called me with in 20 min of these photos and my claim and first asked if I was ok and told me they are sending me new forks...but what's interesting about this story is the new replacement fork they shipped to me are new Mozo forks lol ... What the hell is going on here lmao.. you may wanna upgrade your forks if you wanna do some off road and decrease your tire pressure to + - 10psi. Another crazy thing is I ordered Ripcurrent not the S the basic Ripcurrent and it came with RST forks... overall these bikes are not made for off road, downhill or jumps.. but for cruising, road and trail rides.

Attachments

• 20191114_171110.jpg
    20191114_171110.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 472
  • 20191114_174141.jpg
    20191114_174141.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 499
Back