Jones H Bar 2.5 on Ultimate

rjathon

Region
USA
Has anyone put a Jones H bar 2.5 on their Ultimate? I have a 36” inseam thus the seat above the handlebars. The H Bar with the 2” rise seems like the answer but I don’t know if it will work.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to ask your questions.

The main problem I see doing a bar swap on the Ultimate is the control cable length. Remove the 4 screws from the stem cap and try raising the bars 2" or so. If there is enough cable slack, the Jones H bars should fit the stem but I would measure the diameter first to be sure. You can extend the control cables but it's often a difficult job. You will also have to relocate the headlight to the new bar somehow.

Another way to gain bar height is via a stem riser. You will sill need cable slack but since you would reuse the Ultimate bars, you won't have to relocate the headlight.

Good luck with your project!

Has anyone put a Jones H bar 2.5 on their Ultimate? I have a 36” inseam thus the seat above the handlebars. The H Bar with the 2” rise seems like the answer but I don’t know if it will work.

Thanks
36" inseam, holy legs! I suspect you've got the 57cm frame? Really you should be on the 61cm they offer in the EU but not over here. As stated control cable is going to be the limiting factor. The brake hoses and shifter cable can be lengthened, but the Purion cable length is the real limiting factor. Additionally it is a HUGE job to run longer brake hoses and derailleur cable/housing.

Stem risers are available but advised against if possible, there are riser handlebars too in 3" and 5" that might work for you?

Back