It's my chew toy...got it!

AREM

If you look at my avatar, that will explain the title.
So hi everyone. My name is Alfy, I'm a retired long distance trucker, freelance writer and published author.
I'm joining because I've just bought my first eBike at a bike show the other week and have been following EBR for a couple of months. Court and EBR have been quite helpful and entertaining, not to mention informative in helping me select my bike.
Having said that, might I recommend being careful should you ever consider buying a bike at a trade show. It's been two weeks and I'm still waiting for my receipt/invoice, a manual, and the bike name! It's a long story. If you're interested, you can ask me.
As for my eBike, it looks remarkably like a folding Sondors, even has a similar controller and interface like Sondors.

Attachments

• 20200317_121623~2.jpg
    20200317_121623~2.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 339
It is a nice looking bike. Who makes it?
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks. Only after considerable research, badgering the bike shop and posting a rather negative review on their website, did I finally find out who makes my bike. It's a manufacturer in China...duh, called Mobimax Technologies Co., LTD. Do my bike is called the Mobimax Folding eBike X-EB156FS. Original or what!

long stories appreciated right now...do tell
Okay, you asked for it lol I did mention I'm a writer and author right!
So about three weeks ago my fiancée and I go to the Toronto bike/eBike show at the International Centre. After a few hours, we came upon the last display before deciding to head back home.
Oops, got to go to physio. I'll finish when I get back...

Aren't I a tease...lol. Anyway, the reason my fiancée and I attended the show was to get out of the house, experience a warm season event - like camping/trailer shows, motorcycle shows etc. It's been a long and depressing winter but that's the subject of another story.
So we had been researching e-bikes on YouTube and the internet ever since we watched a young couple on Fate Unbound - boon dockers - test out and then purchase their 'Lectric' e-bikes. We were hooked. We spent countless hours - literally - watching, Googling and reading up about e-bikes. Shortly thereafter, we discovered EBR along with several other noteworthy e-bike testers. We planned on buying our e-bikes in the states when we went for out month long hiatus to Florida, but then my fiancée was diagnosed with cancer, so those plans were kyboshed (and that's the other story).
At the bike show, the last booth had the style of e-bike I had previously set my heart on...only on YouTube, it was out of my price league. This particular dealer was selling my model for a 'steal' and I even talked him down another C note; on the condition that by letting them hang on to my purchased bike the rest of the weekend for display and attention, they'd deliver it to my home for free.
Also, they assured me the paperwork, manual, warranty, receipt etc. would be brought with the bike at time of delivery. I did have an e-receipt on my phone, but it lacked the necessary information - serial/model number, name of e-bike etc. that usually accompanies all purchases.
Sunday evening arrives along with my e-bike, but no paperwork. The owner of the shop had had an accident a few days prior, before the trade show and was laid up. His employees were taking 'care of business' and might I say, not doing a good job of it. I was assured all the pertinent information would be e-mailed to me within the next several days.
I waited until the following Friday, messaged my contact sales rep and was once again - after his apology for being remiss - assured I'd get the info by Monday. Monday came and went and nothing so I messaged again on Tues and was told due to the circumstances - the owners injury, they were busy getting the e-bikes assembled for delivery and display, the pandemic, etc. etc. and so forth - my paperwork would come in the next day or two...but didn't.
That was the last straw. I went to their website and posted a two star review on it. Not too flattering. They were not amused.
Yesterday, I actually got into an argument with the sales clerk who no less offered three times to buy back the bike at my purchase price. He was incapable of comprehending why I was so adamant on demanding the requisite paperwork. He tried to assuage me with verbal assurances that I had nothing to worry about, they'd personally honour the warranty, that if I had any issues or problems they'd deal with it in their service department.
I then reminded him of the age old axiom that a contract is only as good as the paper - in this case, toilet paper - it was written on.
To be fair to this particular sales clerk, he's under much duress with his boss being incapacitated - obviously he's not managerial material - and his mother is being treated for cancer as well.
In an act of desperation, his boss allowed him to e-mail me the shops actual bike invoice from the manufacturer (Chongqing Mobimax Technology Co., LTD). Totally unexpected, not sensible I might add - now I know what the stock e-bike cost them before shipping, which they also told me!
Granted, my model e-bike was 'jazzed up' or personalized by the dealer with a larger battery, front end suspension, fenders, lights -front and back - and a back-rack.
But dammit, I still want a manual and a written warranty for peace of mind as well as information regarding troubleshooting, maintenance etc.
And that my friends, is my long story. Once my fiancée completes her cancer therapy sometime this summer and before we head off to the Pinery for three weeks of recuperation and camping (in our travel trailer), will we purchase our second bike from this dealership for her...very unlikely.
Now that I know who makes my bike, what it was originally called before the dealer removed all identifying decals and who to contact for a PDF of the manual, I'm putting my own insignia decal on it. It's matching yellow like my e-bike.

Attachments

• 1584729986491.png
    1584729986491.png
    3 KB · Views: 297
  • Rumble Bee.jpg
    Rumble Bee.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 292
Back