Issue with upgraded controller for Sondors from AliExpress

jtz54

Installed the 20amp plug in Passion eBike controller for the Sonders from AliExpress. The unit is a bit bigger and ended up mounting sideways with a plate and velcro. Everything seems to be ok until you take it for a ride. The throttle gets stuck at full on and stays that way until you hit the power button or use the brake. When you turn it back on it seems normal until you hit the throttle again and it goes full bore. The brake safety works but can't figure out why the full throttle gets stuck. Anyone else had this happen?

Getting the new Sondors display tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

You might try to disconnect the PAS cable. I have a controller that acts like this when I use the Pedal Assist feature...... as soon as the computer senses pedalling.... it just ramps the throttle to wide-open position until you stop pedalling or hit the brakes.

You were right. It is the PAS function. Apparently was set to highest assist and seems to go full full throttle when in reality it is only doing what it was set to do.
I'll know more when I get the display installed and find out what assist level it's set at (probably 5). Thanks.

Installed the 20amp plug in Passion eBike controller for the Sonders from AliExpress. The unit is a bit bigger and ended up mounting sideways with a plate and velcro. Everything seems to be ok until you take it for a ride. The throttle gets stuck at full on and stays that way until you hit the power button or use the brake. When you turn it back on it seems normal until you hit the throttle again and it goes full bore. The brake safety works but can't figure out why the full throttle gets stuck. Anyone else had this happen?

Getting the new Sondors display tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

You could have a short in the throttle..

just saw this on the old IGG site...
T Alvarez 3 days ago
Just an fyi for everyone. The new upgrade panasonic battery does not work with the current 1st generation lcd display at all. It will power the original bike, but lcd display is not compatible with new upgrade battery. Sent email request for help and received auto response that they are no longer responding to emails. anymore.

No idea, just saw it on the old IGG site and put it up, seems a little odd to me also.

Back