Issue with motor or controller on Pedego City Commuter

HAPPY1

Hi
I have a city Commuter. I usually ride in pedal assist 2 or 3 and in gear 5 to 7.
This all seams well until after climbing the hill I let the bike coast down hill. This usually has the bike speeding up. There are times that I do the same but the bike slows down while it is going down the hill. I watch as my speed decreases.
Please Help if you can.
Thanks

Pedego is helpful and responsive to tech support questions. I suggest you call.

Also: check that your wheels move freely. :)

Pedego is helpful and responsive to tech support questions. I suggest you call.

Also: check that your wheels move freely. :)
Thanks but the wheels move freely and it does not have regenerative braking.

Looks like it has a geared hub motor. Might be that the freewheel in the motor is dry or is failing. You have a freewheel in the gear set, another in the motor.

Hi
I have a city Commuter. I usually ride in pedal assist 2 or 3 and in gear 5 to 7.
This all seams well until after climbing the hill I let the bike coast down hill. This usually has the bike speeding up. There are times that I do the same but the bike slows down while it is going down the hill. I watch as my speed decreases.
Please Help if you can.
Thanks

Is there any resistance when you push the bike? Check the disk brakes to see if they are dragging. Try turning off the power when you feel the resistance and see if it makes a difference. My guess is there is a problem with the motor freewheel system. As others have suggested, call or email Pedego tech support. From my experience, they are very helpful and offer a quick response.

The Hub is not geared at all the hub is set up for the pedal assist.
Pedego did bring out a hub motor this year but I don't think that mine, with the motor in the rear wheel, would have gears in the hub!

Hello and yes you are right re the "brushless geared rear hub motor". I had a senior moment and was thinking about the "Crank" not the hub.
Is there any resistance when you push the bike? Check the disk brakes to see if they are dragging. Try turning off the power when you feel the resistance and see if it makes a difference. My guess is there is a problem with the motor freewheel system. As others have suggested, call or email Pedego tech support. From my experience, they are very helpful and offer a quick response.
Thanks, I will try turning off the power when that is happening and see if I speed up on that downhill then. I have tried just about everything but at not thought of that one. Thank you again.

Back