Is the Stromer ST2S available in the US?

HectorVanDyck

Hello everyone.

I recently saw a video of the latest 'S' model of the ST2 (ST2S) I live in the US and have been looking for this bike all over the internet for sale in the US and cant find anything. Is it available here or just overseas?

Thank you!

I believe spring, March?? but not 100% sure

you can call Stromer USA (800) 819-4262

I have had a love/hate relationship w/Stromer since like 2010.I have had 2 sports replaced by 2 st1 replacing my st1 w/st2. My wifes ST1 is awesome and we just see no reason to let it go. i rode 78 miles last night on her bike, great ride. Mine needs a new fork , and i want a suspension unit which is not offered by Stromer so working w/local shop to get 1.

I wish I had a decent local Stromer dealer then i bet i would have a love/love with the s Stromer but i don't like the local dealers so issues get magnified. I bought mine at Crazy Lenny's . I would by from them again no question , wish they were local!

2 compared to S difference are features vs price. I dont remember if the S has a rack on th back , if not how wil carry stuff since ths replacing a car for you? do you need/want electric shifts? do you need the bigger battery if so will it be big enough ? Enough so you dont need to buy a 2nd battery at all? On my 2 the cables are run in a different location than the S, dont know if all the new 2 will be that way or the new models only. The new light is nice but look at a product called Cobi which is coming out soon. I do like the color. Is $10G where you want to be?

SEARCH! :)

I think opimax is about right, probably Spring 2016 for the ST2"S"

I currently have an ST2 and my wife has one as well, both have been good bikes with no real issues. I have over 800 miles on my ST2, and over that time I have experienced just two errors (Sensor errors) that were both easily "cleared" by simply removing the battery for a few seconds and then replacing the battery - no sweat, probably momentary glitches. My wife's bike has about five hundred miles with no error messages at all - no problems whatsoever.

My big complaint is that in 2015 they did not offer any frame larger than 20 inch - now for 2016 they offer the 22 inch frame in both the ST2 and the new ST2S.......I wish my frame was the larger 22 inch flavor, but that was not available in 2015 models. The other issue is the price, they are great bikes and probably one of the best e-bikes on the market, but the price is still ridiculous! The new ST2 "S" comes in just a hair under $10K ......WHOA!!!! Very hard to swallow that price!

The high price has me exploring other good ebikes, and I am currently looking at other brands like Haibike as an alternative.

If I could find a buyer for my current ST2 I might consider upgrading to the 2016 ST2 "S" ......I would need to add a rear rack for a tail bag ......the Stromer has many great advantages, and I'd like to stay with the brand to get a larger frame, but the price is daunting.

Last edited:
There will be a demo model floating around a few dealers in the next month or so but I was told from the VP of Global Sales that delivery is expected to be April 2016.

I think ops ax is about right, probably Spring 2016 for the ST2"S"

I currently have an ST2 and my wife has one as well, both have been good bikes with no real issues. I have over 800 miles on my ST2, and over that time I have experienced just two errors (Sensor errors) that were both easily "cleared" by simply removing the battery for a few seconds and then replacing the battery - no sweat, probably momentary glitches. My wife's bike has about five hundred miles with no error messages at all - no problems whatsoever.

My big complaint is that in 2015 they did not offer any frame larger than 20 inch - now for 2016 they offer the 22 inch frame in bothe the ST2 and the new ST2S.......I wish my frame was the larger 22 inch flavor, but was not available in 2015 models. The other issue is the price, they are great bikes and probably one of the best e-bikes on the market, but the price is still ridiculous! The new ST2 "S" comes in just a hair under $10K ......WHOA!!!! Very hard to swallow that price!

The high price has me exploring other good ebikes, and I am currently looking at other brands like Haibike as an alternative.

If I could find a buyer for my current ST2 I might consider upgrading to the 2016 ST2 "S" ......I would need to add a rear rack for a tail bag ......the Stromer has many great advantages, and I'd like to stay with the brand to get a larger frame, but the price is daunting.

I believe it is quite straight forward to turn an ST2 into an ST2S. The larger battery, Magura MT5E brakes, and the Shimano DI2 are all upgrades that be purchased and installed. I am not a fan of the Magura brakes on my ST2 and of course would always welcome a larger battery. However, I use about 3 or 4 gears on my ST2 so the DI2 is just plain overkill (and expensive). I'd like to see Stromer bifurcate the line by offering a 2016 ST2 with larger battery and improved brakes, and then an ST2S with a DI2 system. Seems to make sense to me.

STROMER LOVERS BEWARE ... I believe Stromer has released the ST2S a bit too soon. A good friend bought one mainly for the larger frame ~ rode it for 5 days and continued getting computer system errors ~ this is unacceptable when you pay 10g for a bike. Meanwhile had no problems with the ST2 's they own. Anybody else have any problems with their ST2S? #justcurious

I took delivery first week of May in the Denver area. I now have 500 miles on the ST2S with no problems -- it behaves very much like my ST2 - tons of fun, very sporty and I am getting a bit more than the quoted 20% more battery life, my experience with similar riding has been closer to an extra 25% better range. All this is documented on my Garmin Connect software.

I love the Shimano di2 electric shifting system, and the slightly slimmer tires which definitely have less rolling resistance -- great bike so far!!

I've had my ST2S for a month now and no problems... In fact my ST2 had quite a few issues but mostly the problem of not charging 100% and having to remove the battery from the bike to reset the computer etc. With my new ST2s I haven't had those issues at all.

Back