Is the industry opting for PAS or THROTTLES in new gen ebikes? What do you prefer?

2nd vote for BOTH being the only way to fly!

Reactions: JRA
New Gen? Must be some thought control throttle via an implant. You have to pay a monthly fee to go commercial free?

This discussion on EBR

FG.puke.gif

Both plus torque.
The more bells and whistles the better. We can be slow to accept new things like power windows, cruise control, automatic cameras etc.

Both plus torque.
The more bells and whistles the better. We can be slow to accept new things like power windows, cruise control, automatic cameras etc.
I knew the first time I used a power window that it sucked and I'd much rather do it with a crank. Especially the rear windows when driving.

Not having both would be a deal killer - Fortunately, there are plenty of other manufacturers out there so nobody should ever have to settle for just one or the other

Don

I knew the first time I used a power window that it sucked and I'd much rather do it with a crank. Especially the rear windows when driving.
I support federal legislation to ensure that no car can be sold without having crank windows in the base configuration. I do not accept a mandatory $2,000 fee at 75,000 miles window motor replacement.

Also: My late Bichon figured out how to open the windows in my 1999 MX5. He'd do it whenever I was distracted-- at the takeout windows, etc. Then 10 minutes later I look over at the shotgun and he's halfway out the window and going for the roof. (With his harness lashed to the seatbelt, fortunately.)

I also prefer crank windows because, as you can tell from this post, I'm a bit of a crank myself.

I'm currently test driving my $2,000 250W pedelec EMTB, after spending 5 happy months trashing the battery on my 250W kit bike with a throttle. I like not having to worry about being fully trail compliant and having so much extra range, but the PAS is taking a LOT of getting used to! Not at all sure how I feel about it yet.

Back