Is Tesla about to have it's lunch eaten ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
At this time last year, I was at the Autostart in Wolfsburg. Test drove an e-Golf and I was seriously underwhelmed. Then drove a loaded Audi e-Tron... What a nice vehicle but way too expensive for me.

If the VW group of companies want to dominate the market, they very well might IF, and only IF, they get their act together on their software.

VW make a lot of very nice cars which, unfortunately, most don't make it to North America. They have been rightfully vilified about their deceptive emissions practices, but I am not so naiive to believe they were the only ones. Driven behind a Dodge Ram diesel lately???

If VW would supply a Passat sized electric wagon for under $50k, I'd probably snap one up in a few years after some debugging by early adopters. But I don't care for a lot of the stylings of the ID line.

I have two friends with Tesla's, one an S and one model 3, and although they are very nice cars, I am not ready to take the plunge. But I don't believe anyone is going to be eating Tesla's lunch anytime soon.

Back