Introduction from Holland

Peter Polling

I am Peter, from Holland. 55 years old. My Englisch is a bit rust, and the autocorrection of the iPad doesnt help, it is in Dutch...

I ride my bike daily for commuting, About 30 km a day. I used to do that with a ' normal' bike, but the company will move and that means I will have to commute 45 km single, so 90 km a day. Thats why I bought a Bulls Lacuba EVO E 45.

I will read thuis forum regularly, but probably not om a daily base...

Welcome Peter, the Netherlands is rich in cycling history and a leader in e bike sales in Europe. Looking forward to see what you have to share about the e bike experience there.

At least I am not the only one in Holland with a HS-ebike. My local bikeshop is 7 km from my house... I am an experienced bike-rider, 8000 km a year on my non-electric bike (with 14-speek internal gear-hub, Rohloff). Most of our holidays are by bike, 3-4 weeks aroud Europe, 1500-2500 km.

But now for commuting an e-bike. I am very curious if it is realistic, 90 km a ay. It ill take me a litle over 3 hours. But the alternative (car) will take almoast 2 hours, and public transport over 4....

Back