IGO Aspire Vendome

Snowguy

Region
Canada
Hello
I purchased my second ebike a year ago from an IGO dealer in Ottawa. My previous ebike was a Rize model with throttle. I purchased an ebike because I had bad knees but still wanted to get exercise. Unfortunately the Rize model was heavy ( approx 60 lbs) and to ride it without PA took a lot of effort. I wanted to switch to a lighter model and came across IGO. Their Vendome model is a road bike that weights 34 lbs without battery. The battery adds only another 4 lbs and it is super easy to ride it without PA. I can generally last about 15 to 20 kilometers before swicthing on the PA. I can describe the ride like switching to a sports car after riding a tank. It is super agile.

This past week I went riding with a buddy who had a fat tire ebike. We went off the paved trail and took a rayer rough trail with many pot holes and rock outcrops. when we got back on the paved trail we noticed that my back wheel was wobbling. After further inspection we discoved that two spokes had actually broken away from the hub. I did manaer to get the spokes repaired after finding a repair shop that carried these specific spokes.

The lesson learned is that the Vendome is strickly a road bike and is not built for offroading.

Back